Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

HME DX200 power supply connectors

(1/2) > >>

Riley Casey:
I have a couple of early ( pre-Clearcom buy out ) HME DX200 intercom base stations that don't have the DC power inputs secured to the back panels, simply supported by the PC board solder connections.  Not surprisingly this leads to ongoing flakiness at the PSU connector.  Sampling the fastener drawers at the local hardware store has failed to find appropriate nuts.  Does anyone know what the thread on these connectors is?  It seems that Clearcom has a low level of enthusiasm for tech support on these pre-buyout units so I turn to the knowledge of the board.

Ike Zimbel:

--- Quote from: Riley Casey on July 23, 2016, 07:56:00 PM ---I have a couple of early ( pre-Clearcom buy out ) HME DX200 intercom base stations that don't have the DC power inputs secured to the back panels, simply supported by the PC board solder connections.  Not surprisingly this leads to ongoing flakiness at the PSU connector.  Sampling the fastener drawers at the local hardware store has failed to find appropriate nuts.  Does anyone know what the thread on these connectors is?  It seems that Clearcom has a low level of enthusiasm for tech support on these pre-buyout units so I turn to the knowledge of the board.

--- End quote ---
So the threaded connector comes through the back panel but does not have the nut installed? I may have something around...
iz

Riley Casey:
Yes, current units do have the nuts installed but these older ones made before Clearcom bought HME do not.  I thought these would be simple parts to get from Clearcom but it seems that supporting these units is not a high priority.  I'm sure the DC connectors are cheap Chinese parts if only I could identify the threads.  They need to be a fairly thin nut to leave room for the threaded housing on the cable end to thread on. 

--- Quote from: Ike Zimbel on July 26, 2016, 04:05:50 PM ---So the threaded connector comes through the back panel but does not have the nut installed? I may have something around...
iz

--- End quote ---

Ike Zimbel:

--- Quote from: Riley Casey on July 26, 2016, 04:16:16 PM ---Yes, current units do have the nuts installed but these older ones made before Clearcom bought HME do not.  I thought these would be simple parts to get from Clearcom but it seems that supporting these units is not a high priority.  I'm sure the DC connectors are cheap Chinese parts if only I could identify the threads.  They need to be a fairly thin nut to leave room for the threaded housing on the cable end to thread on.

--- End quote ---
Hmmm...let me work on this. In the meantime, you could try Digi-Key http://www.digikey.ca/short/3m75bz
That may not be the exact part, but if you work backwards from that page you should be able to see what sizes / threads are available.
Best,
Ike

Riley Casey:
Golden!  Thanks for  the DigiKey foo.  My head spins trying to find stuff on DigKey even when I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version