ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for PRX deals?  (Read 38938 times)

George Dougherty

Re: Looking for PRX deals?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 09:25:03 PM »

I was just sent this from PAS.....

Great prices on PRX stuff...

http://enews.proaudiostar.com/q/0hSH4Dz6snDO690BYwNDJegy7GItKNyZ1oDds2-wqY2XZocQcAjW0E9_j

Thanks for that.  Had just been oggling 712's at GC for $550.    Got a pair coming in from PAS instead.  Have a pair of PLX715LF I use as drum/bass monitor subs and small gig subs.  Been wanting to replace my Flexsys FM12's on small gigs as mains since the cable connections are so inconvenient and they don't do really loud volumes as cleanly.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 09:37:30 PM »

Any idea why the 712 is priced $50 less than the 710?

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Thomas Le

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 10:42:05 PM »

Thanks for that.  Had just been oggling 712's at GC for $550.    Got a pair coming in from PAS instead.  Have a pair of PLX715LF I use as drum/bass monitor subs and small gig subs.  Been wanting to replace my Flexsys FM12's on small gigs as mains since the cable connections are so inconvenient and they don't do really loud volumes as cleanly.

How well do the PRX715XLF perform?

Brian Charbobs

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 10:46:46 PM »

Do you happen to know if PAS is an authorized dealer for warranty down the road?
Friends don't let friends use Behringer

George Dougherty

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 12:03:20 PM »

As two singles, they work just fine for indoor low-level performances in small to medium sized spaces.  I wanted something light that would fit in the back seat of my Camry for gigs where I needed just my mixrack, a handful of cables and mics plus the PA and 1-2 monitors.  With the Flexsys FM12's on monitors I found they weren't satisfying drummers and bassists in some cases and subs under them was recommended as a better alternative than running 2.  The size and format is perfect to get the monitor closer to drummers and the output has had bassists very happy to leave their bass rigs offstage and just run direct into the monitor behind them.  For my needs they've been great.  Bigger gigs I use my BFM TItan 48's so I don't need more output than the 715 gives.
For bigger gigs or systems that need to scale I'd much prefer an 18" based system.  Output vs pack space will outrun the 15's in a hurry.

Do you happen to know if PAS is an authorized dealer for warranty down the road?
I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing they are being an established retail location.

Steve Cook

• Iowa City, IA
    • Steve Cook Sound
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 12:04:54 PM »

They claim to be, never had to have any warranty work done with anything I've purchased from them.

I have 6 712's arriving Tuesday.  JBL's 3 year warranty makes this a 'must have' deal.  I'll use mine as monitors for low budget clients, plus I have a book festival coming up that has like 5 venues with talking heads. 

Please don't fail me, JBL!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 01:25:55 PM »

I've bought quite a few things from  PAS over the years - lights, mics, PA amps .....no warranty work but they have always been pretty good - just like most of the other well known online retailers (Sweetwater excluded 'cos they are special)...Pricing is always good too.

Looks like a few folks here are benefiting from the sale pricing..... I'm so tempted to get a couple myself but I just don't need them .....aaaaaarrrgggh.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »

Just discussing this on another thread  ....I agree with George.
I use mine for the smallest of the rooms we play and coupled they get pretty loud. I like the sound of the kick through them - nice and tight and punchy. However, most of our shows require my 18's - just that bit more headroom and thickening for the low end. 
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Brian Charbobs

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 06:29:51 PM »

I've bought quite a few things from  PAS over the years - lights, mics, PA amps .....no warranty work but they have always been pretty good - just like most of the other well known online retailers (Sweetwater excluded 'cos they are special)...Pricing is always good too.

Looks like a few folks here are benefiting from the sale pricing..... I'm so tempted to get a couple myself but I just don't need them .....aaaaaarrrgggh.

I Know what you mean. I just ordered (2). don't even really need them. Could not help my self. Could of ordered them through EBay, from PAS, but I can not stand ebay,and did not want them to get any of my business. Should be here next week, will be using them for monitor duty. Should be some great sounding monitors.
Friends don't let friends use Behringer

Andrew Zannetos

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 08:56:45 PM »

If the aim is to get closer in quality to the SRX, they will shoot themselves in the foot because the SRX800 series is so well priced anyway, most folks would get the SRX's. I just don't see much room between a PRX upgrade and the SRX series....Sub wise there is already not enough difference to shout about between the PRX718xlf and the SRX818p/SRX828p IMHO ( don't get me wrong- I have both and love them both for different applications). More difference in the tops...

I do agree the price difference between series has more to do with functionality and DSP than with transducer quality. It'd be interesting to see what they'd do with upgrading the PRX subs, JBL could always update the SRX's firmware if they've made any advances in the SRX's efficiency/functionality.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 08:56:45 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.