ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DCX2496 Dynamic EQ RMS Limiting  (Read 1009 times)

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
DCX2496 Dynamic EQ RMS Limiting
« on: July 22, 2016, 11:26:48 am »

I am interested in setting up the Dynamic EQ section of the DCX2496 as an RMS limiter.  I know how to set limiters reading output voltage of the amp.  I have built a spreadsheet to calculate the values used in the DSP. 

I used data published on the engineering data sheets for the speakers.  The information on the QRx112/75 is lacking, so I used the published nominal impedance values.  The information on the SB180 includes minimum impedance and continuous / max voltage.  My calculations agree with the data provided by the manufacturer.

I used the wave length of the lowest freq (high pass filter value) as the attack time, and 16x attack time for release.

I am interested in how to implement these settings in the Dynamic EQ section of the DCX2496.  Do I use the lowest freq (HPF) as the center freq? What Q to use? What ratio?

Thanks for any suggestions.  I know I'm going to have to plug it all in and see what it actually does.  I just want to know that I'm approaching this in the right way, and that my starting points make sense.

ProSoundWeb Community

DCX2496 Dynamic EQ RMS Limiting
« on: July 22, 2016, 11:26:48 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.