ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: BEWARE BEHRINGER WARR REPAIR ....  (Read 21371 times)

Jody Denton

Re: BEWARE BEHRINGER WARR REPAIR ....
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 07:54:46 PM »

Reading the emails, it's seems that this is a warranty repair by Behringer (they issued an RA). That said, it doesn't change the fact that Jody's belligerence towards forum members is both unwarranted and will certainly prove fruitless.
Spenser ....tks for reading the emails....I sent those so everybody knows I speak the facts...truth.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 07:59:11 PM »

Hopefully. We'll see. But if the OP doesn't have a better receipt then "Amazon," they might be SOL. And there's never anything to stop someone from MG to be all like "Whoops, our bad."
I am indeed not a nice person, though. :)

-Ray

As far as I know, all Behringer warranty requires that you register your product (which I did prior to even powering up my mixer).  I could be mistaken, so someone please correct me if I am wrong.

FWIW "For What It's Worth".

Jody,

I am actually amazed that a Behringer rep has not chimed in on this yet.  They are very astute with their on-line presence and monitor for threads like this frequently.

Hope you get things resolved.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 08:00:54 PM »

Thanks Tom....I see advice in your statement....

I have to disagree with it being in the hands of the repair center..
   1. Behringer told me to send it there...they have a responsibility.
   2. Behringer states typical time to is 2-3 weeks....its been 7 weeks,,,what options do I have ??
       before you answer plse look at the emails....the repair company won't return Behringer calls...
       what action can I take when the Emperor is not recognized ???
   3. For most people on your forum.....repairs will be out of state....Behringer has a responsibility         to protect their customers.

I can go on....if this is the way it is to be....then just cut-copy-paste your answers for all others...as it will all be the same.

I will keep looking for an answer ....come on guys don't let me down !

I believe I am right in what I am saying...if I'm wrong then I will leave this forum.

I had the same thing happen with a JBL repair center a couple of months ago on two PRX-615M's that used OEM LF drivers instead of JBL.  3 months at the service center and no parts.

At the price point of that amp (and the speakers I used as an example) you can afford to keep spares around.  Even if you get fucked on the warranty repair you saved so much on the amp you could buy another one and still be ahead.

With 5 employees and 30 years in the business why so much emotion over $300.00?
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 08:01:39 PM »

OK guy's, let's start over.

Jody,
I noticed you stated that you're 61 years old. That's nice, and that makes you much younger than me. My point is that this site, and the forums within this site is a mixed population of informed  and professional weekend warriors, people who have been in the industry in one form or another for decades, and many of the most talented sound persons in the industry, all working towards a common goal. That goal being to support each other whenever possible and practical in a helpful manner.

There will be times when any of us is bound to rant, reply with an unwelcome retort, or even throw some language back that's not always appreciated. That's the nature of the beast in web world. However, the participants on these sites like to stand above the crowded masses and reply in a professional manner using our real names, locations, and credentials. Not knowing is not a reason for not being accepted. Not listening, belligerence, and a fuck you attitude will often, but not always, result in poor response to the problem at hand.

I suggest a more abbreviated approach such as, "I've had a Behringer amp fail, I've spent the past 7 weeks doing everything but bringing the amp to Uli in person, and the amp still hasn't been repaired. Does anyone have any suggestions."

That would start the ball rolling, and we could have been well past this point in time.

Do I have any suggestions? Not really, and to be honest, outside of the X32 fan club I don't think anyone can help other than Uli or his service staff. My only real suggestion would be to retrieve the amp, sell it for parts, and then buy something made by QSC, Crown, or any other reputable manufacturer.

If you decide that's the answer to your dilemma then reply back. At that point "we" can help you make that choice right down to the correct size amp for the cabinets you're using. Welcome aboard. 
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jody Denton

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 08:13:43 PM »

1) That's between you and Behringer and the service facility.  This forum is not run by or on behalf Behringer, the contract facility or you.  Why do have some expectation that the participants here have some special intercessory abilities?

2) That's between you and Behringer and the contract facility.

3) That's between you and Behringer and the contract facility.

I agree that Behringer should do something to help you out, but if their calls and email to the contract facility are ignored, what do you expect them to do?  Read your warranty carefully, as it is the contract.  If the unit is out of warranty Behringer has no further legal responsibility to you.

Again, exactly what kind of "answer" do you expect the other end-users on this forum to give you?  What kind of advice or help do you seek?  While I understand your unhappiness with getting your amp fixed I don't see what assistance can reasonably be expected of the forum community.

You mentioned reading the warranty ....I'm not sure why this is mentioned....BEHRINGER assigned me an RA# so I'm not sure why I need to read the warranty...again.

1) That's between you and Behringer and the service facility.  This forum is not run by or on behalf Behringer, the contract facility or you.
     what you just stated I think everyone knows....

2) That's between you and Behringer and the contract facility.

3) That's between you and Behringer and the contract facility.

Please understand I was answering a question and didn't agree that Behringer has no responsibility.

40 Why do have some expectation that the participants here have some special intercessory abilities?

THAT IS THE REAL QUESTION....

Because out of the thousands of people on this forum, I had the hope that someone would say
      "call Saul" (made up name) ...he is a standup guy who WILL help you.
Something along that line...that was what I was HOPING FOR....
   Instead within 30 min of the post...like maybe the 5th post was a guy telling me about my lame wording.....and then another about my English (I think Ray and I are past that after looking at his response) .
   When I get the idea maybe I'm wrong I ask my friends what they think.....I asked a friend to look at these posts and tell me if I'm wrong or pissy.....he said I did nothing wrong...he's a member also.

I was just looking for the brotherhood to help me with an amp.

Jody Denton

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 08:15:16 PM »

As far as I know, all Behringer warranty requires that you register your product (which I did prior to even powering up my mixer).  I could be mistaken, so someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Jody,

I am actually amazed that a Behringer rep has not chimed in on this yet.  They are very astute with their on-line presence and monitor for threads like this frequently.

THANK YOU ....a breath of fresh air...
I now know what FWIW :)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 08:16:26 PM »

From Music Group's website, you get one year free, and then extended to anywhere from 3 to 6 years if you register it within 90 days. As far as I can read on their site, registration online (whereas still highly recommended!) is not required to receive the initial 1 year warranty, provided that the item was purchased from an authorized reseller in your country, and you are the initial owner of the product. The warranty is not transferable.

-Ray "reads the fine print" Aberle
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Jody Denton

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 08:18:37 PM »

Jody,

Yes, Behringer requires you sign up (online for me) to get warranty....
Also, big 1 here....if you sign up in THEIR TIME CONTRAINT ...you will get a total of 3 yrs instead of the 1 yr.
   Anybody correct me if I'm wrong ...please.

THANKS my friend.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 08:25:21 PM »

I was just looking for the brotherhood to help me with an amp.

I'll just say that you become part of the "brotherhood" by establishing relationships and an on-line presence that connects with people.  Then you can ask the brotherhood for favors.

Given the CV you've listed, you probably know some 'people you've heard of' TM.  Would you give out their contact information to a random person from the internet who's only interaction is a rant over a low end disposable product and an expectation that they'll get that contact info for just showing up?

I've been on (and off for periods) this forum for 15 odd years.  Sometimes someone comes on here like a bull in a China shop, but calms down and becomes an active productive member.  But the proportion is slim.  Which explains the response you got from the regulars.

Jody Denton

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 08:25:28 PM »

I had the same thing happen with a JBL repair center a couple of months ago on two PRX-615M's that used OEM LF drivers instead of JBL.  3 months at the service center and no parts.

At the price point of that amp (and the speakers I used as an example) you can afford to keep spares around.  Even if you get fucked on the warranty repair you saved so much on the amp you could buy another one and still be ahead.

With 5 employees and 30 years in the business why so much emotion over $300.00?

It is $400, not $300...
These are not my amps but the clients....
I now have a Crown loaner in there for him (lost $$)
I have another amp, same model, same site that is exhibiting the same problem.
Why would you allow someone else to use your money (economics) of causing me all this problem. If this had been handled like it should have been...I wouldn't be here.
And wouldn't you agree I have been patient for 7-8 weeks ??

Also, the company was years ago.....I spent 13 yrs out in LA the last 4 yrs here in the Midwest.
tks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 08:25:28 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.