ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: G Lites 300sz help  (Read 8236 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: G Lites 300sz help
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 02:44:33 PM »

Did you try swapping a good igniter out for a supposed bad one to confirm this is the source of the problem?

Eddie Ybarra

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 04:38:45 PM »

Not yet the day job keeps getting in the way

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 04:50:59 PM »

I hear ya!  Give that a try first.  Before digging deeper to find the right replacement we want to be certain the igniter is that part that actually needs replacing! 

Eddie Ybarra

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 12:06:48 AM »

Thanks for all your help really appreciate it!!!

Eddie Ybarra

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 03:18:37 PM »

Ok igniter is not the problem

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 03:04:27 PM »

Okay, well good thing you didn't spend any money on those parts then!  The next thing to do is just keep swapping other parts between a good fixture and a bad fixture (ideally one at a time) until you find the faulty part.  If your lights are in fact Mac 250 clones I believe there is also a large capacitor in there, and if so, would be the next part I'd try.  The fact that half of your lights are doing this makes me think something else is also going on, but when you get time, see if you can get at least one 'bad' fixture to work with parts from a 'good' one.  Hope this helps!

Eddie Ybarra

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 08:10:41 PM »

I had heard over the weekend that the fixtures were used at 208v,and they arent rated for that,and also dimmer rack filled with Behringer LD6230 dimmers got fried with 3 phase as well,the rack is configured for single phase operation.I don't think I stated before that the fixtures and equipment belong to a friend of mine,he is my day job boss actually lol He's a christian guy that puts on his own christian music festal festival and has acquired the various equipment over the years and always has "volunteers" to help out. I would assume thats why the gear gets fried and what not.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 09:32:50 PM »

Wow, bummer.  Sorry to hear about that!  The units may still be salvageable, but if the built-in circuit breakers and/or fuses didn't blow than you might have some deeper repairs to do.  Same process - just start swapping parts between a good light and a bad one, though a multimeter or o-scope can help to speed up the diagnostics if you suspect a failure at the component level. 

Sounds like you had some non-conforming power problems too.  Volunteers can be great for manual labor and whatnot (and we all started somewhere), but I've learned that some need more guidance and supervision than others, especially when you have ones that kinda sorta think they know what they're doing...  Too much expensive equipment on the line, not to mention liability.  It's one thing for someone to goof running a sound or light board, but it's a whole other issue to mess up electrical or rigging.  Those things go very bad very fast!  A lesson learned though is to always meter your power before plugging in!  Best of luck trying to sort this all out!   

Eddie Ybarra

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 12:20:39 AM »

thanks,you wouldn't happen to know of a place the fixes behringer dimmers?

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 08:27:17 PM »

No worries.  I'd start here:

https://www.music-group.com/brand/behringer/store-finder?type=POS

From hearing others post about Behringer Care your mileage may vary.  Depending on the purchase price you might be better off just replacing the units rather than dealing with the repair process.  Your choice - just try to get a rough quote before sending the units out! 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 08:27:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.