ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: System choice  (Read 10462 times)

Bob Kidd

Re: System choice
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 09:56:33 PM »

Your PRX system will do just fine in that space. I would consider a single stack. Get the 615 up high and use the tilt down hole.

Exactly, was thinking 2 618s stacked with 615 on top for each side.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 11:10:14 PM »

Exactly, was thinking 2 618s stacked with 615 on top for each side.

That's a lot for that space.  Have they ever had a band in this room before?

Does the band know how to control themselves?

People that go to places that look like that generally don't like loud music, musicians or even expect to see a tech in that room. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2016, 05:45:19 AM »

That's a lot for that space.  Have they ever had a band in this room before?

Does the band know how to control themselves?

People that go to places that look like that generally don't like loud music, musicians or even expect to see a tech in that room.

With all the glass along the other wall the crowd noise will be so loud he'll need that system just to get above the talking. I've had to push my DSRs in rooms like that to get audible levels over the crowd noise.  No one complains that the band is too loud because they can barely hear them over themselves beyond the first 20 ft.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 08:07:04 AM »

Long room and narrow room. Band and system must setup in 2nd pic location. Very tight for SRX

Have you considered using only one stack?  That's a very narrow. long, room. One source = Clear sound.

-Dennis

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 08:14:29 AM »

With all the glass along the other wall the crowd noise will be so loud he'll need that system just to get above the talking. I've had to push my DSRs in rooms like that to get audible levels over the crowd noise.  No one complains that the band is too loud because they can barely hear them over themselves beyond the first 20 ft.

Having had to perform and/or do sound in such spaces my preference is to keep it sane, cash the check and never return.  You can't get intelligible sound over the top of the conversation, the service staff hates anything that raises the noise level and my default solution has been to keep it as quiet as possible, cultivating a rapport with the ringside tables.

It seems that the architects/designers only deal with acoustics in establishing a space where everything is turned into white noise.  Sonic womb syndrome...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob Kidd

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 09:09:37 AM »

Have you considered using only one stack?  That's a very narrow. long, room. One source = Clear sound.

-Dennis

Your saying a Single sub and top. Had not, was thinking left and right setup.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 11:00:23 AM »

I have a bar rig set up that is in a fairly similar space as you are showing.  I use a pair of 722s and a single 728. A selling point of the SRX is the narrower 75 degree coverage pattern. That will help keep reflections and such off of the walls to some degree.

A single 722 over a 728 would definitely be able to provide enough sound for the room. All you need to get over is the fact that people are used to hearing the mush of 2 speakers instead of one. With a single speaker stack on the left side of the band, you can point it directly down the center of the room and get pretty decent coverage. Tip the 728 on its side, and put the amp rack on the sub and the 722 on top of that (assuming you have a decent heavy duty rack). Strap it together and you've got a nice simple setup that doesn't take up any more room than your PRX rig would.  If setup time is of the essence, you could even put the whole thing on a couple of furniture dollies and roll it right on into place.
Brian Jojade

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 11:05:37 AM »

Ugh!  Against a glass backdrop?  Can you get some carpets or drapes installed?

Dave

http://onlineeei.com/drapecomponents.cfm#drapecomponents-umbra-drapes

I just picked up some of the Umbra blackout drapes.  Their sound absorption qualities are quite amazing.  It would be a perfect fit in this space!
Brian Jojade

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 11:10:03 AM »

All you need to get over is the fact that people are used to hearing the mush of 2 speakers instead of one.

They might be more used to seeing two stacks. I've often thought of setting up 2 and only turning one on in situations like this  but I know someone will come over to tell me it's not working.   
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Bob Kidd

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2016, 11:14:15 AM »

I have a bar rig set up that is in a fairly similar space as you are showing.  I use a pair of 722s and a single 728. A selling point of the SRX is the narrower 75 degree coverage pattern. That will help keep reflections and such off of the walls to some degree.

A single 722 over a 728 would definitely be able to provide enough sound for the room. All you need to get over is the fact that people are used to hearing the mush of 2 speakers instead of one. With a single speaker stack on the left side of the band, you can point it directly down the center of the room and get pretty decent coverage. Tip the 728 on its side, and put the amp rack on the sub and the 722 on top of that (assuming you have a decent heavy duty rack). Strap it together and you've got a nice simple setup that doesn't take up any more room than your PRX rig would.  If setup time is of the essence, you could even put the whole thing on a couple of furniture dollies and roll it right on into place.

That is definitely an option, and your right the visual perception of seeing one stack will confuse some. Only concern with putting sub on side and 725 on top is the mid/high coverage the first 10 feet. Band is all IEM, electronic drums and only amp on stage is guitar. Pretty quite.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2016, 11:14:15 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.