ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: They needed it worse than we did...  (Read 5474 times)

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
They needed it worse than we did...
« on: July 10, 2016, 09:02:40 PM »

So, our shop in Springfield, IL was broken into last Wednesday morning while we were all our working.  They managed to take about $28,000 worth of equipment including console/snake/mics/monitors/power amps/speakers/center fills.  Although this in itself is a terrible act it is only equipment and can be replaced with more equipment.  What really makes me mad is that they stole a finishing saw that my father-in-law, who is no longer with us, gave me for Christmas last year.  This cannot be replaced...at least with the same feelings attached to it.  This is the only thing in 31 years that my father-in-law had ever given me and it was very special to me since it was his way of acknowledging after all of these years that he accepted me.  That is the one thing that can be replaced at any cost.

Now to something more pertinent to this site.  One of the things taken were my EV front fill speakers.  These were non powered EV FRi2082s.  I had 4 of them.  I am now looking to replace these with another low profile, preferably powered front fill.  We will be using these in conjunction with two system my EAW KF850ef system and my EAW KF730/740 system.  I have been thinking about the JF80z if we can't find something powered, but I would really like to get something in a powered speaker.  Most of the stages that we handle are between 32' and 44' wide.  We do everything from Phil Vassar to Queensryche.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Low profile is a must.

Thanks.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: They needed it worse than we did...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 09:05:53 PM »

Bill...

That sucks.  If the universe is fair they were t-boned by a freight train when they left.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 09:16:56 PM »

So, our shop in Springfield, IL was broken into last Wednesday morning while we were all our working.  They managed to take about $28,000 worth of equipment including console/snake/mics/monitors/power amps/speakers/center fills.  Although this in itself is a terrible act it is only equipment and can be replaced with more equipment.  What really makes me mad is that they stole a finishing saw that my father-in-law, who is no longer with us, gave me for Christmas last year.  This cannot be replaced...at least with the same feelings attached to it.  This is the only thing in 31 years that my father-in-law had ever given me and it was very special to me since it was his way of acknowledging after all of these years that he accepted me.  That is the one thing that can be replaced at any cost.

Now to something more pertinent to this site.  One of the things taken were my EV front fill speakers.  These were non powered EV FRi2082s.  I had 4 of them.  I am now looking to replace these with another low profile, preferably powered front fill.  We will be using these in conjunction with two system my EAW KF850ef system and my EAW KF730/740 system.  I have been thinking about the JF80z if we can't find something powered, but I would really like to get something in a powered speaker.  Most of the stages that we handle are between 32' and 44' wide.  We do everything from Phil Vassar to Queensryche.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Low profile is a must.

Thanks.

Bill
What a shame.

If you haven't already, you may want to post your equipment loss to craigslist in your (and surrounding) area.

Robert Healey

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 09:29:32 PM »

UPM-1Ps are used a lot in that situation. A bit heavy on the $$$ but a good sounding speaker.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 09:57:22 PM »

So sorry Bill.... especially about the saw - like you said , everything else can simply be replaced - but that. I agree with Bob, post something on CL - I see them once in a while and it prompts me to keep my eyes peeled for the items specified. Also contact all the pawn shops personally in and around your area.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 02:58:50 AM »

So sorry Bill.... especially about the saw - like you said , everything else can simply be replaced - but that. I agree with Bob, post something on CL - I see them once in a while and it prompts me to keep my eyes peeled for the items specified. Also contact all the pawn shops personally in and around your area.

Sorry about your loss
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John Penkala

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 06:54:49 AM »

Thanks.

Bill

Bill,
       I use RCF TT052a  speakers as front fills for corporate shows.  I would demo them first to see if they get loud enough for your application. Take care.

JP

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 08:04:56 AM »

I know how it feels to have tools that special people gave you.

You remember them every time you use them.

THAT cannot be replaced-at any price.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 08:09:33 AM »

Bill...

That sucks.  If the universe is fair they were t-boned by a freight train when they left.
Dick, in a post a couple of weeks ago you and I were talking about my EV T252+ tops and your EV T152 tops. They managed to walk out with 2 of my 4 T252+.  The others were on a show in Mayfield, KY.

I will probably sell off the remaining set of T252+ if we don't get the others back by Thanksgiving.  Great sounding speakers for a smaller show or drum fill.

Bill

schnakesound.com

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 08:19:50 AM »

Bill,
       I use RCF TT052a  speakers as front fills for corporate shows.  I would demo them first to see if they get loud enough for your application. Take care.

JP
John, I own some RCF and really like it.  I just took a look at the specs on the TT052a and don't think it would keep up with what we need.  I will look for a rep in my area to get me one to demo, but I am thinking I will probably need something more beefy to work.

Thanks
Bill

schnakesound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 08:19:50 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 25 queries.