ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Resister req'd across video (rca) connector to mimic connection to tv?  (Read 6325 times)

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954

This particular TRRS is nearly 3/16" longer than other TRRS plugs I have.

Deleted: I missed this part when I replied.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:21:58 AM by Lee Douglas »
This space for rent

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND

I have an odd need.  I have a USB media player ($25)  made in china, no brand name, etc.  So tech support is not an option.  It can be set up to auto play a selected audio or video format when powered up.  There is an odd problem.  I am using the supplied 4 conductor mini to component video + L&R audio cable.  The player will not boot and auto start unless the video plug is connected to a TV or monitor.  My use will not and cannot have a tv present.  I am playing an audio file.
I know by experimenting that shunting the video lead pin to the shield that the player boots properly.  Should I mimic the resistance of the tv video input by bridging the rca with a resistor?  What resistance?  My gut says 50-100 ohms, since that is the typical range of video cable used.  But, could a dead short work just as well.  While I won't be using the video while in operation, it is required for set-up and future changes, when a TV is used.

what would be wrong with using a little 3" LCD camera monitor with it all the time? 
Small enough you can tape the 2 devices together and the little monitors I have you can turn the contrast and brightness down so low the screen is black at the lowest setting.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.