ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AV question  (Read 3263 times)

Kim Guibord

AV question
« on: July 05, 2016, 01:01:13 AM »

One of the Bands that I work for just purchased the AMDJ video panels, They are using some sort of small video camera for live shots of the Band and audience.
Question is .. they are looking for a video camera that can zoom in on a subject .. example .. they would like to zoom in on the lead singer so that the full video panel screen would be a close up of his face .. all suggestions would be welcomed.. Thank you.

Gerry Seymour

• My Professional Website
Re: AV question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:10:04 AM »

One of the Bands that I work for just purchased the AMDJ video panels, They are using some sort of small video camera for live shots of the Band and audience.
Question is .. they are looking for a video camera that can zoom in on a subject .. example .. they would like to zoom in on the lead singer so that the full video panel screen would be a close up of his face .. all suggestions would be welcomed.. Thank you.

Finding a camera that can zoom is the easy part - nearly all decent video cameras have some sort of zoom. The problem is zooming smoothly and keeping the subject in-frame while zoomed. Some cameras zoom too fast, making it nearly impossible to zoom accurately. And it takes a lot of practice to keep someone in a zoomed frame; people move more than they think. (Watch a new spotlight operator...and they only have to keep that person inside that big spotlight oval.)
Gerry Seymour

Professional Trainer and Speaker
(with lighting/audio experience)

anything that moves will eventually die

anything that doesn't move is probably already dead - James Feenstra

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: AV question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:10:04 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 25 queries.