ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lighting consoles  (Read 10902 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Lighting consoles
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 02:15:28 AM »

GrandMA on PC. Not cheap but a lot less than the consoles.

I have to say, IT/Networking is my day job and from a sound guys perspective that is a really intimidating system.  The code looks elegant but my first time in front of one I could not even get some washes turned on so I could work on the stage.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 04:07:29 AM »

Anyone used and care to comment on the Jands Stage CL??

John L Nobile

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »

I have to say, IT/Networking is my day job and from a sound guys perspective that is a really intimidating system.  The code looks elegant but my first time in front of one I could not even get some washes turned on so I could work on the stage.

I'm a sound guy who knows his limitations when it comes to lighting. I didn't want a lighting board that complicated but we now have a large number of moving lights. I posted a pic a few days ago.
I'd say that this rig needs a real operator but my budget disagrees with me. I have a good friend who's an excellent LD. I hired him to program and set it up so that I can busk and he showed me a few ways to do some basic programming.
It looks like I know what I'm doing and no one's complained. I'm also able to do both sound and lights.
The night goes by pretty quickly when you're busy.

Graham Spice

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »

John- can you give us an idea of what kind of setup you're using and what type of controls your friend gave you? I'm interested to know how it is setup for you to run so easily and effectively. Thanks!
I'm a sound guy who knows his limitations when it comes to lighting. I didn't want a lighting board that complicated but we now have a large number of moving lights. I posted a pic a few days ago.
I'd say that this rig needs a real operator but my budget disagrees with me. I have a good friend who's an excellent LD. I hired him to program and set it up so that I can busk and he showed me a few ways to do some basic programming.
It looks like I know what I'm doing and no one's complained. I'm also able to do both sound and lights.
The night goes by pretty quickly when you're busy.

John L Nobile

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 03:34:58 PM »

John- can you give us an idea of what kind of setup you're using and what type of controls your friend gave you? I'm interested to know how it is setup for you to run so easily and effectively. Thanks!

Here's a pic of last weeks show

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,159874.0.html

I'm running 24 Rush MH2's and 12 Rush MH1's. There's 20 lekos in the front truss and somewhere around 60 lekos, fresnels and pars over the stage. I'm finding that I'm only using the front wash conventionals and I'm thinking of getting my buddy up to do a rehang. The plot was done for a fixed stageshow not a rock band. I want to be able to use the conventionals more.

I have 2 wings that have faders and buttons to control conventional and movers. I also have a screen that has all mover controls for colour, gobos, rotation, positions. Things like cen stage, SR, SL, roof aud blind and different positions.

All I do is push a few faders for on/off and either push buttons on the wings or hit the touchscreen. Very quick when you remember where everything is.

James Feenstra

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 07:14:30 PM »

Anyone used and care to comment on the Jands Stage CL??
great for LEDs and conventional fixtures. Not designed to run moving fixtures though, you'll want to get a vista system if you're planning on moving lights
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2016, 06:11:30 PM »

great for LEDs and conventional fixtures. Not designed to run moving fixtures though, you'll want to get a vista system if you're planning on moving lights

Sean Mormelo

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 04:14:09 PM »

What about Luminaire 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 04:14:09 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.