ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New console decisions  (Read 9002 times)

George Dougherty

Re: New console decisions
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 12:40:42 AM »

GC will have TF's on the floor. That doesn't mean they know what to do with them though.
The one near me had a TF recently.  Can't recall which variant but the workflow should be the same.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 01:00:44 AM »

They had nothing on the floor anywhere on the East side of PA. Presonus, Behringer, etc. no digital consoles even towards Philly???  Less inventory every time I go in to a GC.

One in Boston had one until Bob visited.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 03:03:09 AM »

GC will have TF's on the floor. That doesn't mean they know what to do with them though.
On the actual floor, Japanese style  ;D 8)

Josh Voyles

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 08:35:46 AM »

Are the fader assemblies still all plastic? They had a TF console at my local GC and someone had snapped a fader off. Looks like you would have to send it in to replace a fader cap.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 09:20:05 AM »

Are the fader assemblies still all plastic? They had a TF console at my local GC and someone had snapped a fader off. Looks like you would have to send it in to replace a fader cap.

Maybe that was the one from Boston after they put it back together. I stopped by for some strings and asked about them again. There were none on display and the girl didn't work there anymore.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John L Nobile

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 10:44:56 AM »

I'm quite surprised at the rider acceptability of the X32. We're not doing big acts here but we are doing repeat ones that have had Profiles and SC48's in the past. No BE's complained about it. I was expecting to rent a board once in a while so this is saving us some money.

Kyle Van Sandt

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 10:48:45 AM »

If you are needing to hit riders you will want the X32 or M32.  It is now the go-to small club desk.  Every band engineer knows it.  Most will carry a show file for it.  I don't think you can go wrong here.  Its a fantastic B-Rig desk. 
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »

If you are needing to hit riders you will want the X32 or M32.  It is now the go-to small club desk.  Every band engineer knows it.  Most will carry a show file for it.  I don't think you can go wrong here.  Its a fantastic B-Rig desk.

Even though we are an all Yamaha CL and Dante house (well houses), we are considering getting a m32 for its high acceptability...  Maybe with a Dante card. A backup console, and anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek Neu

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »

I would add the soundcraft si performer to that as well.  The thing that sold me was 80 channels to mix and fully customizable fader layers.  You can throw your dca's, lighting dmx, monitor mixes, a few fx returns you adjust a lot, a few main inputs you adjust a lot all on the same layer.  Any channel any fader, and has faderglow to easily tell them apart.  The more I looked into all the choices, the more I wanted the performer.  The only thing it doesn't have is Rta readout, but I have one on my iPad so no biggie.  2 card slots too so it is versatile with most tech. 

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 01:05:41 PM »

I mixed on a TF1 the other day and the interface felt frankly terrible. Large bubbly screen UI and zero crossover with how their larger consoles work. Like how I've come to view the Si and the QU - these companies don't seem to do a very good job at trying to 'make things easier'. The X/M32's big win over them is that it works in a totally traditional way at least, IMHO.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 01:05:41 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.