ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 8KHz or higher ground loop-true story  (Read 6442 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: 8KHz or higher ground loop-true story
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 08:52:12 PM »

For less money, and at least as good performance you can use a Peavey USB-P interface. Balanced transformer isolated line level out, no ground noise problems.

Mac

Yup, that should work as well. The trick is to get the chassis ground of the laptop completely isolated from the chassis ground of the mixer. And this isn't just an Apple problem. I had a number of my church sound seminar attendees tell me they had sent their Dell laptops back multiple times when they first discovered the noise in their sound systems.

BTW: I saw the same problem going the other way. That is, when they took an aux send from the console and fed it to the soundcard on a computer to record it, there was a lot of hum and hash. I added an Ebtech Hum Eliminator on that audio path, and the hum/hash in the recording went away. https://www.amazon.com/EBTECH-HE-2-Ebtech-Hum-Eliminator/dp/B0002E4YH4/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1470098884&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Ebtech+Hum+Eominator

When dealing with computer audio it's best to use transformer isolation if possible.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: 8KHz or higher ground loop-true story
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 08:52:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.