ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound IQ Ultranet first gig  (Read 20485 times)

Jay Marr

Re: Turbosound IQ Ultranet first gig
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 02:06:31 PM »

Jay - I assume you mean the new powered SRX, I've not heard them.  If you mean the older 712m, which I have used extensively, powered fullrange by Nu6000, the 712m has the sharp high end that cuts through very well as a loud stage vocal monitor which can carry instruments other than bass/kick LOW settings.  The IQ12 bottom end is significantly stronger and lower than what the 712 provides, but this is no surprise considering the small size of the 712m cabinet.

I was asking about the older 712m and how it may compare as a small FOH top, over a set of 18" subs.
Have you run this way?

I prefer using passive speakers for ease of set up and ability to swap components....so I'm always trying to find a 'better' passive small top to suit my needs.
I've been using the iQ12 though, and it's better than I was expecting it to be (for the price).

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 03:38:52 PM »

I was asking about the older 712m and how it may compare as a small FOH top, over a set of 18" subs.
Have you run this way?

Jay -

I have 8 of the 712m, I haven't personally used them as FOH, but a friend has some that he uses over 2x18 EV subs, not sure which model.  The sound is very good, I wouldn't hesitate to use them for appropriate gigs, but as is often quoted, "it depends"... If the speaker performance is always adequate for your work, you can't beat the size and weight.  I think a 712m on a pole on a single driver sub would be a good sounding solution for lots of work.   I think as a wedge it's about the best thing going, you'll not regret owning them.   

If I owned 2 IQ12 and some SRX712m, the IQs would always be as mains.  Hey wait - I do!  Anyway, I'm downsizing my gear, and losing the mains amp rack is part of the plan. 

Cheers,

-Tim T

Jay Marr

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 03:48:19 PM »

Jay -

I have 8 of the 712m, I haven't personally used them as FOH, but a friend has some that he uses over 2x18 EV subs, not sure which model.  The sound is very good, I wouldn't hesitate to use them for appropriate gigs, but as is often quoted, "it depends"... If the speaker performance is always adequate for your work, you can't beat the size and weight.  I think a 712m on a pole on a single driver sub would be a good sounding solution for lots of work.   I think as a wedge it's about the best thing going, you'll not regret owning them.   

If I owned 2 IQ12 and some SRX712m, the IQs would always be as mains.  Hey wait - I do!  Anyway, I'm downsizing my gear, and losing the mains amp rack is part of the plan. 

Cheers,

-Tim T

Thanks Tim.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 03:53:09 PM »

I've currently demoted my rcf712 used for mains to be my monitors while honeymooning my iq's. Interesting times ahead

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 10:36:21 AM »

Wait a sec, the XR18 has Ultranet...any idea whether I can send audio to these cabs via Cat5 on an XR18?

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 11:41:31 AM »

Wait a sec, the XR18 has Ultranet...any idea whether I can send audio to these cabs via Cat5 on an XR18?
Yes, that works great. The xair has no remote iq-control like the x32 though.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »

I took the iq with me home to play with. I found that the upa-1p model sounded really great when being used as a home stereo setup.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 12:18:36 PM »

I took the iq with me home to play with. I found that the upa-1p model sounded really great when being used as a home stereo setup.

I also prefer the UPA1p modeling....   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 12:29:03 PM »

I also prefer the UPA1p modeling....   

As a set of glorified home stereo speakers or in a live situation?

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »

As a set of glorified home stereo speakers or in a live situation?

It's the flattest place to start in what limited experience I have.   Most of my systems at work are tuned flat, it's my preference and so it's what I am used to hearing, so flipping through presets, it 'sounded right' and I was easily able to get it where I wanted in terms of sound. 

I don't put pro audio products in our house, my wife wouldn't allow it among other reasons.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.