ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: opinions on my rig  (Read 22076 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: opinions on my rig
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2016, 09:44:18 PM »

I would guess they attached the speakers to the top plate of the truss using M10(?) screws into the fly points on the bottom of the speaker while on the ground, and then just tilted the whole assembly upright.

He has L-track parts with female threads. Yes, he bolts it up, then stands it up. He described it a while back in another thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2016, 08:34:24 AM »

The EAW cabinets are great, but are just out of my price range:)  I am making some money, and I'm saving it up for upgrades (i have a day job too), but its going to take a while.  Can anyone suggest any other cabinets to use in a 2-a-side configuration that might be a little more affordable?  I saw a guy near me use some QSC powered cabinets that were putting out some healthy sound...

This past weekend we brought out our older EV T252+/EAW SB850r system for a show in a park for about 1000 people. It is very similar to what you have, dual 15" top cabs with a 1.4" 60/40 exit horn trapezoid cabinets.  The subs are dual 18" 2000 watt RCF P300/P400.  We set it up with (2) EV/EAW cabs per side and it sounds great for DJ/Jazz/Blues at a moderate level.  It should be noted that we are using all Crown MacroTechs on this system.  This little system is great for what it does, but I won't do anything bigger then what we did this weekend.

Best advice is figure out where you reasonably want to go show wise and create a reasonable upgrade plan to get there.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2016, 12:44:35 PM »

This past weekend we brought out our older EV T252+/EAW SB850r system for a show in a park for about 1000 people. It is very similar to what you have, dual 15" top cabs with a 1.4" 60/40 exit horn trapezoid cabinets.  The subs are dual 18" 2000 watt RCF P300/P400.  We set it up with (2) EV/EAW cabs per side and it sounds great for DJ/Jazz/Blues at a moderate level.  It should be noted that we are using all Crown MacroTechs on this system.  This little system is great for what it does, but I won't do anything bigger then what we did this weekend.

Best advice is figure out where you reasonably want to go show wise and create a reasonable upgrade plan to get there.

Bill

Bill...

Small world.  My concert rig is 4xT-251+'s over 4x SB-180's all driven with MacroTechs.  Great fidelity with the nice, open EV sound.  As you say, great for jazz, 'grass and power acoustic performance.  Good SPL out to 100' for street fests where you have 2 story buildings on either side.  I'd hit peaks up to 103dBA 75' out for kickin' R&B, but I'd need another 10dB headroom for rock.

I don't do rock...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2016, 08:23:19 AM »

Bill...

Small world.  My concert rig is 4xT-251+'s over 4x SB-180's all driven with MacroTechs.  Great fidelity with the nice, open EV sound.  As you say, great for jazz, 'grass and power acoustic performance.

Dick, sounds like a great system.  We are sending the (4) T252s and (4) SB850s to a 4th of July show in Kentucky.  We have done this one for several years and in the time that we have we have paid for the T252s and the SB850s that go with it.  Like I said this system doesn't work all of the time, only 4 or 5 times a year, however, it has paid for itself several times over.

We do some good sized Rock shows, 3,000 - 6,000 people, but depending on where we are it is the EAW KF850/SB1000 system or the EAW KF730/SB1000 system.  It's all about the right tool for the job.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2016, 03:45:30 PM »

Global ST132 from Mike Pyle.
I got a K&M top hat from Mike and had a custom t-bar made.
Mobility wheels idea from Michael Christy.

Hey Rob, do you have any pictures of this setup? I've got the same cabs and have been trying to figure the best way to get them higher. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks, Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2016, 01:08:40 AM »

Hey Rob, do you have any pictures of this setup? I've got the same cabs and have been trying to figure the best way to get them higher. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks, Mike

Here is one. Might need a higher res pic though.

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2016, 01:14:17 AM »

Thanks, Mike

Here is a closeup. I have since added 4" of chain to the hang so I can launch em off cable cases.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2016, 01:14:17 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.