ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soon to be on the air broadcaster source?  (Read 2860 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Soon to be on the air broadcaster source?
« on: June 08, 2016, 11:27:09 AM »

Is there a source to determine if there is a station that might be coming ON AIR in an area soon. This is in the USA. I am trying to do a frequency coordination of a churches wireless mics and I would like to take into consideration anything that may cause a problem for then in the near future. I know about the 600MHz reallocation but I am just thinking about in the near future. I did a quick look and their present tuning isn’t even compatible between their present mics without even taking into consideration any broadcast frequencies. So they need help from me. I just want to make sure what I do for them won’t suddenly have issues if something is about to come on the air that I don’t know about. 

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Soon to be on the air broadcaster source?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 12:28:11 PM »

Is there a source to determine if there is a station that might be coming ON AIR in an area soon. This is in the USA. I am trying to do a frequency coordination of a churches wireless mics and I would like to take into consideration anything that may cause a problem for then in the near future. I know about the 600MHz reallocation but I am just thinking about in the near future. I did a quick look and their present tuning isn’t even compatible between their present mics without even taking into consideration any broadcast frequencies. So they need help from me. I just want to make sure what I do for them won’t suddenly have issues if something is about to come on the air that I don’t know about.

All you can do is go to the FCC TV Query Database, look for those stations in the geographic area of concern with a license status of "CP" (construction permit). That's your best indication what will be turning on in the near(ish) future.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 12:22:14 PM »

All you can do is go to the FCC TV Query Database, look for those stations in the geographic area of concern with a license status of "CP" (construction permit). That's your best indication what will be turning on in the near(ish) future.

Thank you Henry that is what I was looking for. And I bookmarked the link.

I selected construction permits under record types and I entered the coordinates and a 100km radius and it came up with 0 TV records. So it looks like they will be fine at least for a while when I set them up.

I did find a pending application –

WEDY-DR       CT NEW HAVEN                 USA                       APP
  Petitioner: -
  Service Designation: DR Petition for rulemaking to add or modify a digital allotment (see Docket for details)
  Transmit Channel: 41    632 - 638 MHz Application
  Virtual Channel:     (viewer sees this channel number)
  Network affiliation: -

File No.: BPRM-20090713ABS     Facility ID number: 181052
  CDBS Application ID No.: 1323075

That station is showing up already in the lookup in Shures WWB.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 02:06:48 PM »

Given the upcoming auction, it would not be in the best interest of any over the air broadcaster to have new channels in the works. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 10:34:09 AM »

Given the upcoming auction, it would not be in the best interest of any over the air broadcaster to have new channels in the works.

Broadcasters currently in 600MHz who will remain on the air post auction will be moved to a vacant 500MHz or VHF channel, and will have to install a new transmitter and antenna; these changes require a comstruction permit from FCC.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 10:34:09 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 26 queries.