ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen Heath Dlive and Yamaha CL5  (Read 30250 times)

Aisle 6

Re: Allen Heath Dlive and Yamaha CL5
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2016, 07:55:14 AM »

I own a CL5 (with 48/24 Rio). I bought it because it's a wonderful console and acceptable rider wise.

I am in the fortunate position of writing the riders and a real eye opener case in point was the mix of consoles this last weekend at a large festival. There were four boards, 1 x Midas Heritage H1000, 1 x Midas Pro 2, 1 x Avid Profile and 1 x Allen & Heath d-live. I have mixed many times on all the boards mentioned and the d-live was there at my request as I was mixing one of the headliners that I tour with. Let's just say that a coupe of the other engineers gave it a crack as they thought it looked easy and loved it. I was not disappointed in my choice.
Maybe the d-live will become more rider friendly than folks think...or they may just get pissed at people like me who spec them. : )

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2016, 09:45:16 AM »

How so?  The Dugan implementation in the Yamaha consoles is post fader as recommended by Dan Dugan specifically so that the gain calculations are based on the actual contribution of the channels to the mix buss.  Post fader is the only way to accomplish this.

If it were post fader, you would not be able to adjust levels of channels as needed.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2016, 10:46:34 AM »

If it were post fader, you would not be able to adjust levels of channels as needed.

Please explain this claim. A prefader automixer is almost useless as it does not remove the mic from the auto mix bus when you bring the fader down. I have no problem adjusting either the fader level or input gain on automix channels that are post fader.

Mac

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2016, 09:57:15 AM »

Please explain this claim. A prefader automixer is almost useless as it does not remove the mic from the auto mix bus when you bring the fader down. I have no problem adjusting either the fader level or input gain on automix channels that are post fader.

Mac
My thoughts as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2016, 07:54:33 PM »

Mac

I see your point, and the error in my thinking.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2016, 07:54:33 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.