ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CrewCom  (Read 4074 times)

augie propersi

CrewCom
« on: June 07, 2016, 09:42:00 PM »

Has anyone seen the CrewCom RF Icom system?, Looks interesting as I will be shopping to replace my Pro850s in 2017   http://www.plianttechnologies.com/products/crewcom.html

Patrick Riley

Re: CrewCom
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 07:22:12 PM »

Has anyone seen the CrewCom RF Icom system?, Looks interesting as I will be shopping to replace my Pro850s in 2017   http://www.plianttechnologies.com/products/crewcom.html
Have a look at Radio Active Designs RF Com system. It operates in the VHF band. Designed by James Stoffo.With the FCC auctioning off bandwidth, be careful where your system operates. It could be oblolete in a year or two.
www.RadioActiveRF.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 07:54:28 PM »

Have a look at Radio Active Designs RF Com system. It operates in the VHF band. Designed by James Stoffo.With the FCC auctioning off bandwidth, be careful where your system operates. It could be oblolete in a year or two.
www.RadioActiveRF.com

CrewCom operates in the 900MHz and 2.4GHz bands. AFAIK they are the company that makes Tempest for Clear Com. They use a distributed antenna/receiver system rather than a single receiver with 1 or multiple antennas like most other systems.

Mac

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 10:34:38 PM »

AFAIK they are the company that makes Tempest for Clear Com.

Clear-Com no longer sells Tempest.  They have Freespeak now.  Coach-com now sells direct to all as well as the sports venues they had before.  I may be getting a demo system in the next month or two.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 03:34:43 AM »

I'm wary of any system these days that operates in 2.4Ghz, and I categorically won't specify them for any of my projects because if you thought managing UHF spectrum was hard, try doing that with 2.4!
Admittedly im in the UK where we have a much more sensible UHF spectrum allocation and management program for events, but my point stands.

The 2.4Ghz spectrum shows no signs of becoming less congested, in fact, I would expect it to become increasingly unusable as more and more events and venues increase the presence of wifi and other license-free RF architecture.

It certainly looks interesting from a functionality perspective though. The single most irritating thing about FSII is dealing with volume level on the C&D (3rd & 4th) beltpack channels.
Riedel Communications

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 10:33:52 AM »

The single most irritating thing about FSII is dealing with volume level on the C&D (3rd & 4th) beltpack channels.

The latest firmware for Base 1 and now the new Base 2 handles the VC this way.  Tapping on the menu button switches to CD VC and then after 30 secs or another tap it reverts to AB.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 02:07:38 PM »

The latest firmware for Base 1 and now the new Base 2 handles the VC this way.  Tapping on the menu button switches to CD VC and then after 30 secs or another tap it reverts to AB.

Thats certainly an improvement, but it would be even better to have an RTS-style hold the button and turn to have immediate VC of any channel, perhaps with the VC defaulting to master
Riedel Communications

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 02:07:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.