ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless TV Question  (Read 3569 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Wireless TV Question
« on: June 06, 2016, 09:43:55 AM »

I need to mount 2 flat panel TV's at a local church. 1 on each side of the stage. Running the cables will be very difficult.

Can anyone suggest a good quality, reasonably priced wireless solution?

The TV's are for general purpose videos and words for music.

Thanks

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Re: Wireless TV Question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 11:03:16 AM »

I need to mount 2 flat panel TV's at a local church. 1 on each side of the stage. Running the cables will be very difficult.

Can anyone suggest a good quality, reasonably priced wireless solution?

The TV's are for general purpose videos and words for music.

Thanks

I don't have an answer for you, as I gave up looking for a wireless solution and just ran Cat6 with Baluns.  But researching there are a few variables.

Do you want both screens showing the same thing? or different things? Does video lag matter? as most everything I've seen has a decent delay when going to wireless.

Distance between where the broadcast point and the TV's matters.

Whats reasonably priced? I've found a reasonably priced wireless video system per installers is not a reasonable price as per my management.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 11:10:31 AM »

I don't have an answer for you, as I gave up looking for a wireless solution and just ran Cat6 with Baluns.  But researching there are a few variables.

Do you want both screens showing the same thing? or different things? Does video lag matter? as most everything I've seen has a decent delay when going to wireless.

Distance between where the broadcast point and the TV's matters.

Whats reasonably priced? I've found a reasonably priced wireless video system per installers is not a reasonable price as per my management.

Both TV's will have the same picture.

A little lag time shouldn't matter.

The sound booth is on one side of the building, so the left TV is about 30ft away and the right TV is about 70ft away. There is a direct line of sight.

Price?? Maybe less than $1000 or so

Kevin Rudolph

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 10:45:38 PM »

Both TV's will have the same picture.

A little lag time shouldn't matter.

The sound booth is on one side of the building, so the left TV is about 30ft away and the right TV is about 70ft away. There is a direct line of sight.

Price?? Maybe less than $1000 or so

I've been using the Extron eLink 100 series recently for AV production work and it has been working out pretty well. Works on 5 ghz, up to 30 meters, and you can pair 1 TX up to 4 RX. Should be within your sub $1k budget.

That being said, I still make my guys run cat6 when practical. Had one isolated buggy situation where the on screen display popped on randomly and wouldn't dissappear. Had to cycle power on the RX. Only happened once, and it was an easy fix.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 10:45:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.