ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I creat pockets for the instruments?  (Read 6256 times)

Kevin Ballard

Re: How do I create pockets for the instruments?
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 06:18:19 AM »

I have to agree here,

" have since switched to electric guitar and band leader at our church and I have to concur with the posts above, I have learned to really clean up the distortion tones. Too much distortion just buries the guitar in the mix and you end up turning up to hear yourself, generating lots of volume but no real usable music. It is funny just how "clean" a lot of good distortion tones are. "

To this end I have continued to use a marshall 50w head (pre master volume control) as my primary sound source, it just cuts into clip gently every now and then. Even full on distortion is from a pedal that is set for minimal gain/overdrive.

The piano player and I have over the years got more relaxed about what we put in, but he still uses two handed playing too often for my likeing.

less is more. (I just thought that was worth repeating).

Kevin Ballard

Fear defeats more men than any other single thing

Randy Smith

Thanks
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 04:09:30 PM »

Thanks to all who have posted!

The PM Dave Norton referred to was a real eye opener as to the complexity of the patches and such in the keyboard, as several have said some of the same.

Last night at practice I listened closely and that, along with some of the FX on guitar, is what is causing my problems.

The key player will use several different patches even during the same song.  The level and EQ differences in these patches are whats causing it to either jump out at you or burry it or just muddy it up to where nothing can be distinguished.

Once again another mystery solved by the pros here at the LAB.

Thanks
Randy Smith

Scott Raymond (Scott R)

• http://Scott R
Re: How do I create pockets for the instruments?
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 12:42:41 PM »

Dave,

Nice post!  Wanna come talk to our keyboardists?  Laughing Actually I think our worship leader has been picking up on this concept lately which is definitely good as sometimes we have 2 keyboards and the piano involved as well as guitars, drums and percussion.  Nice to see a fellow Nebraskan here!

John Chiara

Re: How do I creat pockets for the instruments?
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 10:47:26 PM »

Randy S wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 16:52

Our praise team has 5 singers, electric drums, bass, acoustic guitar, keys, and baby grand.

My problem is getting good definition between the guitar, keys and piano.(keys and piano mostly)

I know I need to make cuts to make room but I can
John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
351 Central Ave.
Albany, NY 12206
518-961-0069 - cell

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: How do I creat pockets for the instruments?
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 10:47:26 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up