ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 transmitter...2 receivers...will this work?  (Read 4736 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: 1 transmitter...2 receivers...will this work?
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »

I go overhead if there's a drop ceiling:

https://www.amazon.com/drop-ceiling-hooks/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Adrop%20ceiling%20hooks

Otherwise if you can handle any latency, I have used a SmartPhone HotSpot to send audio to a Shoutcast server and had the end user loog in to the stream.  Works across the hall or to the other side of the globe if the end user has internet access...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:03:00 PM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 01:07:28 PM »

Isn't that via out-of-band communications, not directly linked to the audio signal (2.4ghz iirc)?  If so I'd think that axient could also have 2 rx per tx.

Axient does use the 2.4 band for http://www.zigbee.org/ZigBee communication to control the mic.  A separate Access point like device (not wifi) communicates with the TX. If you are in a heavy wifi area channels ZigBee 25 & 26 are above the channel 11 wifi band.

The Handheld Axient mic does indeed have 2 totally separate UHF TX for 2 mics in the unit so it can supply backup.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 02:45:34 PM »

Like the other said, if you have enough RF range, it would work fine.

The only time you can't use the mic with two receivers is if you have a digital system and encryption enabled.  With encryption on, it's one transmitter and one receiver.  The Shure digital stuff has this feature available, and is a great selling point for corporate meetings so they know someone can't spy on their wireless transmissions.
Brian Jojade

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 03:58:57 PM »

Brian brought up a good point I had forgotten about, and I didn't know the whole story about the Shure Axient product.  I'm guessing some other digital (Line 6?) might not work either due to they manner in which they transmit data.  I think almost all analog wireless will probably work if there are no structural interference issues. 

This discussion is just an example of what you can learn (or have your memory refreshed) buy using this forum.  Its a great sounding board to bounce ideas around and look for solutions to problems.  Keep up the good work!

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »

1st, my proposal below is based on wild speculation and not real world experience, but perhaps the others will weigh in on any pros or cons.

I think you would be better off with 1 mic receiver in the room with the mic, output that to a small mixer, then go out from the mixer to one of your lav mic setups that you mentioned to use for a wireless speaker setup. You might be able run a wire from the mixer to near the doorway and locate the lav mic transmitter there, then in the other room put the receiver from the lav mic near the doorway there.
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »

Steve, you could also have the mixer output feed an IEM transmitter and use multiple packs, but if the 1 mic and 2 receivers works, it's a lot better.  The KISS principal always applies.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.