ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small unpowered outdoor speakers  (Read 4517 times)

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
Small unpowered outdoor speakers
« on: May 28, 2016, 05:16:18 PM »

I need quite a few weather rated speakers for an art installation. In the past I have used JBL Control 25s and they have been satisfactory, but I realise I pay guite a premium for the orange badge, considering it is just another Chinese speaker. Can anyone suggest a generic OEM equivalent that does the same job.
M

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
Re: Small unpowered outdoor speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 05:46:34 PM »

SnapAV has a brand called Episode that actually sound pretty decent for the price. I believe they're under $100 each. If you email me I can send you pricing when I get back to the office on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 04:44:52 PM »

I need quite a few weather rated speakers for an art installation. In the past I have used JBL Control 25s and they have been satisfactory, but I realise I pay guite a premium for the orange badge, considering it is just another Chinese speaker. Can anyone suggest a generic OEM equivalent that does the same job.
M

In that size range my decision often comes down to where/how they need to be mounted.
TOA BS-1030 sounds pretty good and comes with a yoke. only drawback is that the cable is permanently attached so you'll need a weatherproof junction box.

Jason

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 10:06:47 AM »

M
Atlas SM series?
http://www.atlasied.com/loudspeakers-surface-mount-speakers-all-weather
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

Robert Healey

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 10:48:44 AM »

M

I don't think the Atlas SM52T are much cheaper than the JBL Control 25.

I've seen a few OWI speakers around for super low budget applications. Reasonably easy to install (though use your own hardware - the screws supplied with the speakers were crap) and decent sounding, but an excellent price to performance ratio:

http://owi-inc.com/index.html

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 09:21:24 PM »

M
I've been using the products from this site for the low dollar "help-me-out" jobs -and actually have not been dissapointed

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/commercial-70v-speakers-outdoor.html

(You can dig through their site for consumer versions if you don't want the 70V transformers)
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 09:21:48 PM »

+1 to Atlas

Glen Kelley

• El Paso, TX
    • The University of Texas at El Paso
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 12:03:19 PM »

I don't think the Atlas SM52T are much cheaper than the JBL Control 25.

I've seen a few OWI speakers around for super low budget applications. Reasonably easy to install (though use your own hardware - the screws supplied with the speakers were crap) and decent sounding, but an excellent price to performance ratio:

http://owi-inc.com/index.html

+1 on OWI. Very inexpensive, but they sound ok.

Max Hall

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 08:00:04 PM »

If you're looking for a cheap option (may not last as long as jbl or equivalent) but not bad for price. Adastra FS Series in white or black. Can't comment on their other ranges.

http://adastrapa.co.uk/a_index/outdoor_wall_speakers_fs.php

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 08:00:04 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.