ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: your characterizations of Si PERFORMER 3 and QU-32 mixes - ie, *AUDIO ONLY*  (Read 29628 times)

Brian McMahan

Expression doesn't have a fan, and I think Impact is also fan-less.

Interesting...

Brian

Brian McMahan

The noise from the fan is barely noticeable, even when up close to the board.

Once again... Thank you, Bob... Very helpful.

Brian

Brian McMahan

your characterizations of Si PERFORMER 3 and QU-32 mixes - ie, *AUDIO ONLY*
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2016, 01:26:42 PM »

An update for those interested...

Out of the handful of pro audio retailers within a 100-mile radius of me:  None have a Si console in stock.  No X32s either.  My local Guitar Center has a pre-chrome Qu-32.  So I'm going to work on getting a demo of the A&H.

EDIT:  Actually, the Louisville GC has a X32.  And the Cincy GC has a Qu-32.  My apologies.  So, as of this afternoon, ...

Lexington GC  -  Qu-32
Louisville GC  -  X32
Cincinnati GC  -  Qu-32
misc remaining GCs  -  {   }
misc Sam Ash stores  -  {   }
misc independent retailers  -  {   }

If you're aware of nearby stores / dealers that I've overlooked (and should call), please let me know.

Back to the initial findings...

The local prosumer repair tech... who is respected, authorized for warranty work across many audio brands, and stays quite busy with SR-related repairs... has had very few of the referenced consoles come across his bench.  He has yet to service a Qu.  X32 and Si issues he's seen have been minor.  His only criticisms hinge on difficulties that he's experienced in obtaining parts from Behringer and Soundcraft.  He declined the opportunity to make a recommendation.

Bear in mind that I'm in a small third-class city, and that Nashville is only a 4hr drive away.  No idea whether my personal findings are representative of others' at large.

I'm curious to hear purchase and service histories from Si, Qu, and X32 users in Blue Ridge + Gateway South + Midwest region.  Starting a separate thread on this topic.  Feel free to share further there.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=159598

Thanks for everyone's input here.  It's been very much appreciated.

Brian
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:36:08 PM by Brian McMahan »

Brian McMahan

For the folks that have stuck it out:

This thread has evolved with a favorable bias towards the Soundcraft Si mixers.  Plenty of anecdotal observations and tech speculation.  Since most of the contributors acknowledge (explicitly or not) that mixing involves both analytic skill and devotion to craft, I think that we're in a Safe Zone.  Hopefully the subjective assessments found here will prove helpful.

Anyways..........

I just called Rick Morris.  He works for Soundcraft and is cited in a number of PSW threads.  From what I gather, he is a well liked customer support guy among members.  And in our call he was indeed very nice and very patient.  I asked him to compare the preamps, converters, and output electronics among the Si series mixers discussed here.  Allowing for a bit of editing... his sentiments were:

"They're all the same.  Same input and output boards.  Preamps, converters, etc.  Performer has more going on, DSP wise.  The only difference is the features." 

Just FYI.

Ken Braziel

I just called Rick Morris.  He works for Soundcraft and is cited in a number of PSW threads.  From what I gather, he is a well liked customer support guy among members.  And in our call he was indeed very nice and very patient.  I asked him to compare the preamps, converters, and output electronics among the Si series mixers discussed here.  Allowing for a bit of editing... his sentiments were:

"They're all the same.  Same input and output boards.  Preamps, converters, etc.  Performer has more going on, DSP wise.  The only difference is the features." 

Just FYI.

Awesome, that was my understanding but I didn't have any links to support it so thanks for making that call!

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.