ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: your characterizations of Si PERFORMER 3 and QU-32 mixes - ie, *AUDIO ONLY*  (Read 29972 times)

Brian McMahan

Hi.

I've done a lot of surfing in reference to this topic.  Most of what I've read focuses on comparison of feature sets. 

I recognize the subjective nature of hearing and the potential murkiness of this topic.  But the accumulated experience of others here is worth venturing on, I figure.

So... I am looking for assessments from those that have created / listened to mixes -- show after show, night after night -- on the boards in this thread's title.  Your observations re sonic effects of routing choices / use of IO options would be much appreciated.

Again, please try to limit comments to either Soundcraft Si Performer 3 or Allen & Heath Qu-32.

Thanks much.

Brian

[ edited for clarity ]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 10:47:57 AM by Brian McMahan »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth

Hi.

I've done a lot of surfing in reference to this topic.  Most of what I've read focuses on comparison of feature sets. 

I understand the subjective nature of hearing.  I value the accumulated _audio_ experience of others on here, however. 

So... I am looking for assessments from those that have created / listened to mixes (show after show, night after night) on the boards in this thread's title.  *Please* limit comments to:

a) Soundcraft Si Performer 3
b) Allen & Heath Qu-32

Comments re sonic effect of added stage boxes, optional interfaces, etc would be helpful, if noticed and/or deemed important.

Thanks much.   :)

Brian

I think this would be better posted on Gearslutz to get the responses you seek.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.

Hi.

I understand the subjective nature of hearing.  I value the accumulated _audio_ experience of others on here, however. 

So... I am looking for assessments from those that have created / listened to mixes (show after show, night after night) on the boards in this thread's title.  *Please* limit comments to:

a) Soundcraft Si Performer 3
b) Allen & Heath Qu-32

Comments re sonic effect of added stage boxes, optional interfaces, etc would be helpful, if noticed and/or deemed important.

Thanks much.   :)

Brian

Performer...Don't look back

Brian McMahan

I think this would be better posted on Gearslutz to get the responses you seek.

Thanks for your response.

Understand your thinking, am familiar with Gearslutz, and agree about value of posting there.  I'll do that now. 

Still... curious to see if there are others willing to reveal their sensitive sides here.

Brian

sent via iOS + Tapatalk

Brian McMahan

Performer...Don't look back

Hear ya, Jamin. 

Wish I knew of a good way to get a couple weeks with a Performer 3 locally.  Are you aware of anyone in the Louisville-Lexington KY area that might be open to letting me audition (for a day or two) or rent (for a week or so)?  Ready to get down to it.

Feel free to chime in here, dealers!

[edited for clarity]

Brian

sent via iOS + Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:31:37 PM by Brian McMahan »

Brian McMahan

[ never mind - corrected ]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:33:17 PM by Brian McMahan »

Dustin Campbell

Isn't it more of features and work flow - than sound? Ease of use? I'm sure they both sound great- I'm getting ready to make the switch to digital myself - a daunting task trying to decide between the options - my .02 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Banning CA,

Ken Braziel

My company uses all Si mixers: Performer 1 & 3 and an Expression 3, and I've used an Expression at a local Junior College to mix several musicals (last one was 53 channels & 127 cues). I've spent a lot of time mixing on an LS9 (hate it) and DL1608 (decent other than reverb quality, easy interface) and limited times working with a variety of other digital consoles. Been mixing in the analog world for 25 years, still do on occasion with one company I work for.

I LOVE the Soundcraft "sound" as well as the ease of the workflow. Preamps have plenty of headroom, very similar to mixing on their GB series analog mixers. I've never had one freak out or fail on me in any way (knock on wood) and I've always been able to get a good mix out of them.

Haven't spent enough time on the QU boards to judge.

John Chiara

My company uses all Si mixers: Performer 1 & 3 and an Expression 3, and I've used an Expression at a local Junior College to mix several musicals (last one was 53 channels & 127 cues). I've spent a lot of time mixing on an LS9 (hate it) and DL1608 (decent other than reverb quality, easy interface) and limited times working with a variety of other digital consoles. Been mixing in the analog world for 25 years, still do on occasion with one company I work for.

I LOVE the Soundcraft "sound" as well as the ease of the workflow. Preamps have plenty of headroom, very similar to mixing on their GB series analog mixers. I've never had one freak out or fail on me in any way (knock on wood) and I've always been able to get a good mix out of them.

Haven't spent enough time on the QU boards to judge.

A requirement for me is the ability to split inputs to create true monitor mixes. Can the Soundcraft do this?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:58:35 PM by John Chiara »

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.

I have a SI Performer 1, really like it.
Sounds good and comes with a nice 32 channel stagerack that doesn't cost a fortune.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.