ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Mic Making Noise  (Read 3653 times)

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
Wireless Mic Making Noise
« on: May 24, 2016, 08:50:24 AM »

We have a wireless mic that makes noise when the preacher stands in one certain spot.  Obviously, it's difficult to explain this noise on here, but it's kind of like a radio when you are trying to dial it in to the correct station.  Kind of fuzzy and a few popping noises (nothing loud), but you can still clearly hear the preacher.

Does anyone know what I can do to help this?

Thank you.

Courtney Williams

Re: Wireless Mic Making Noise
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 09:21:09 AM »

We have a wireless mic that makes noise when the preacher stands in one certain spot.  Obviously, it's difficult to explain this noise on here, but it's kind of like a radio when you are trying to dial it in to the correct station.  Kind of fuzzy and a few popping noises (nothing loud), but you can still clearly hear the preacher.

Thank you.
I had that same problem at church last Sunday, i let the more experienced members deal with this, have a nice day

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 10:47:17 AM »

Thank you.

Sounds like a poor freq in a bad receive area.  Try another freq and move 1 of the antennas a few feet.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 11:31:14 AM »

Sounds like a poor freq in a bad receive area.  Try another freq and move 1 of the antennas a few feet.

Awesome.  Thank you.  I will try that.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 11:41:47 AM »

Isaac...

For future reference, answers to such questions are almost always found in the user manual.  A description of the problem, probable cause and likely solutions should all be there.  I believe this is true for the major brands.

If you do not have a hard copy of the manual a simple search should direct you to a PDF.  And wireless being wireless you can likely use the manual for ANY decent wireless rig for such general problems.

Good luck.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »

Isaac...

For future reference, answers to such questions are almost always found in the user manual.  A description of the problem, probable cause and likely solutions should all be there.  I believe this is true for the major brands.

If you do not have a hard copy of the manual a simple search should direct you to a PDF.  And wireless being wireless you can likely use the manual for ANY decent wireless rig for such general problems.

Good luck.

Thank you for that tip, Dick.  I will keep that in mind.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 10:22:10 PM »

Do you have more than 2 wireless?
If so, don't just randomly change 1 frequency as you may create additional problems.
You need to coordinate all 3 (or more) if they are close together in frequency range.

What is the wireless mic, make and model?

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 09:24:47 AM »

We have two wireless mics.  To my knowledge they are both are SM58's.  But I'll have to check that to be 100% sure.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 11:05:47 AM »

We have two wireless mics.  To my knowledge they are both are SM58's.  But I'll have to check that to be 100% sure.
Isaac,

We're going to need specific manufacturer, model, and frequency band names/numbers.

The handheld transmitter might indeed have an SM58 capsule, but that has nothing to do with the RF side of things.

- Jordan Wolf
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 11:05:47 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.