ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing 4x PRX718XLF with 2x RCF SUB 8004?  (Read 5567 times)

Rick Powell

Re: Replacing 4x PRX718XLF with 2x RCF SUB 8004?
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 06:22:01 pm »

Dick, you are the expert on the Danley.  Are you of the opinion that a TH118 will outrun two STX828P's or properly powered and processed SRX728?  I have never seen it quantified that simply.

Without taking measurements I don't think the STX828P is glaringly better than a pair of KW181's which are about the same as PRX718XLF's.  Each sound a little different but all seem like lateral steps to me.

We need Data-Bass to make a measurement.  They have measured a few pro subs but not a lot of the popular ones.  It's like the Consumer Reports of subs, although tilted more to the home theater and DIY crowd.

www.data-bass.com

Caleb Dueck

Re: Replacing 4x PRX718XLF with 2x RCF SUB 8004?
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 10:35:27 pm »

Dick, you are the expert on the Danley.  Are you of the opinion that a TH118 will outrun two STX828P's or properly powered and processed SRX728?  I have never seen it quantified that simply.

Without taking measurements I don't think the STX828P is glaringly better than a pair of KW181's which are about the same as PRX718XLF's.  Each sound a little different but all seem like lateral steps to me.
I don't have extensive or side by side experience with JBL subs, I know, I must live under a rock.   With that in mind, every time I have heard JBL subs (usually SRX728) I was underwhelmed. 

I haven't heard all the newest front loaded subs, from my limited experience my favorite non-Danley subs are probably Fulcrum TS221's. 

Experience is something you get right after you need it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.