ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need major help with wiring issues  (Read 11511 times)

David Allred

Re: Need major help with wiring issues
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »

A great disservice was rendered to this establishment.  As unprofessional as it would be, a better system would have been a coax speaker like these LINK .  Even the cheap ones.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:52:27 PM by Mac Kerr »

David Allred

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2016, 11:41:09 AM »

David,

If I'm on the same page as you than they are spaced.
if you look at the speaker lay out in the bar a couple posts back, each number is a speaker box with a woofer and tweeter in it.  Each box location has a 2 wires ran back to the speaker block.  One for the woofer and one for the tweeter

Your definition would be my side by side.  By spaced I meant if the woofers are 6 ft apart, are the tweeter in the middle?

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2016, 04:40:59 PM »

If yout have some suggestions on what it would take to do that id happily listen.

I tried, I really did, but I just can't. I even had my calculator in hand and was going to try to figure out a way to get the loads to around 4-8ohms. But it would just perpetuate this type of shoddy work. I got frustrated just thinking about it, and had to wait a couple hours just to type this response.

The only advice I have for a situation like this is to remove all of these cobbled together components and replace it with something designed for a commercial install. You can buy 70v ceiling speakers from JBL for something like $40 each, and an amp to run them for a few hundred, depending on how much power you need. Remember, this system wasn't working properly before, that's why you got involved. So don't feel responsible if you can't get it right. The guy who 'designed' it couldn't get it right either. Print this thread and show it to the owner if you need to.

Now, if you post the dimensions of the space, what it's intended use is, and what type of volume you need to achieve, we can help you.

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2016, 04:56:58 PM »

Jason,
if you have a better configuration of that speaker block by dropping a speaker, i am all ears.  I dont think one missing will effect much.

If you drop one and rearrange the rest to be three strings of three speakers each then they will all (assuming they're all still healthy) receive the same amount of power
And the amplifier will see a load equivalent to having only one speaker connected

However, it's still a terrible way to do things and I would only bother if you've got everything else worked out and the remaining symptoms are what I described previously

Jason

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2016, 07:26:15 PM »

My head hurts...

Did they give the original "installer" free drinks for as long as he was working on that atrocity?

-Hal

Gene Ragonese

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2016, 07:37:32 PM »

My head hurts...

Did they give the original "installer" free drinks for as long as he was working on that atrocity?

-Hal

I see why I'm getting free drinks.  Now if they ask me to check something out in the basement I'll guarantee there is a trap there

Gene Ragonese

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2016, 07:42:54 PM »

Now, if you post the dimensions of the space, what it's intended use is, and what type of volume you need to achieve, we can help you.

Id say a rough estimate without a tape measure would be 30' wide, 250' deep, and 18' ceilings.   They just want something to play music through that sounds good.  Which I think a boombox may cover those needs right now.

It's not something that needs to be overly loud either. 

What would your suggestions be in putting something else in there?

Gene Ragonese

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »

If you drop one and rearrange the rest to be three strings of three speakers each then they will all (assuming they're all still healthy) receive the same amount of power
And the amplifier will see a load equivalent to having only one speaker connected

However, it's still a terrible way to do things and I would only bother if you've got everything else worked out and the remaining symptoms are what I described previously

Jason

I am going to try the way you suggested once I eliminate the blown speakers.  If it still isn't giving a good result I'm going to oust everything and tell them they need to pony up and buy the right equipment

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.