ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low latency Audio broadcasting over LAN (Cheaply)  (Read 30710 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Low latency Audio broadcasting over LAN (Cheaply)
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2021, 06:35:14 PM »

Sonobus looks really promising. It's app is VERY configurable and has clients for every platform, including RPI. I've done an initial test and other than a way-overly-busy UI, it seems to work as described. Obviously, the better you can make your network, the better this will work. QOS and a wired host are important for best performance. But it uses a public server to register the streams and the whole thing is 2-way so could be used for a shout back system too.

I'm quite interested to see what it's like running on a SBC when I have time to test that (won't be for a while) but in the meantime I'm going to continue testing it with computers and mobile devices.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2021, 10:30:53 PM »

Sonobus looks really promising. It's app is VERY configurable and has clients for every platform, including RPI. I've done an initial test and other than a way-overly-busy UI, it seems to work as described. Obviously, the better you can make your network, the better this will work. QOS and a wired host are important for best performance. But it uses a public server to register the streams and the whole thing is 2-way so could be used for a shout back system too.

I'm quite interested to see what it's like running on a SBC when I have time to test that (won't be for a while) but in the meantime I'm going to continue testing it with computers and mobile devices.

You don't have to use a public server, just choose Connect to Raw Addresss on the 3 dots top right on connection window but with it being P2P doesn't seems much difference in the latency except on static routes created on the network.

I'm also interested if SBC works well, on Site to Site most tunnel that support UDP will work I think and the simplest one to use probably ZeroConf.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2021, 01:40:25 AM »

Here's an interesting (although likely incomplete) overview of some other options (many of which are free-and-open-source and will work on RPi).

{...} QOS {...}

QOS is an interesting one. For example, my understanding is that Audinate tends to discourage its use on Dante networks (if only because it increases the chances of breaking clocking).

-Russ

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2021, 02:11:20 PM »

You don't have to use a public server, just choose Connect to Raw Addresss on the 3 dots top right on connection window but with it being P2P doesn't seems much difference in the latency except on static routes created on the network.
Sorry, I was saying this as a positive point.

I'm also interested if SBC works well, on Site to Site most tunnel that support UDP will work I think and the simplest one to use probably ZeroConf.
I'll probably have to wait until next month when I'm home again to test that.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2021, 05:09:58 AM »

Sorry, I was saying this as a positive point.
Dang, sorry to misunderstood but all is well taken. If wanted, technically we could host the server our self too in the future but with the audio being sent p2p we might not need it yet.

Ales Dravinec

• ADRaudio, Slovenia
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2021, 06:43:20 AM »

Just reviving this post from the past...

Again interested with the new technologies out there if someone has created an application or other devices that can compete with the "Listen Everywhere" device for perhaps a few less $$$$...
Low latency seems to be the stumbling block, but LE seems to have created something that looks very good. Why can't this be done in software? (Maybe it can, just haven't found it yet?)

Andy, did anybody mentioned Dante yet ? Not too expensive and works as you would expect.

https://assets.audinate.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Dante-AVIO-Analog-Marketing-Datasheet-20210119-en.pdf?

Respectfully

Aleš, ADRaudio

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2021, 01:33:50 AM »

Andy, did anybody mentioned Dante yet ? Not too expensive and works as you would expect.

https://assets.audinate.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Dante-AVIO-Analog-Marketing-Datasheet-20210119-en.pdf?

Respectfully

Aleš, ADRaudio

Infact OP did on the original post about using Dante VIA but afaik iOS is not supported using AVIO USB C. Maybe it could work using AVIO Bluetooth but interference could be an issue.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2021, 01:33:50 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 25 queries.