ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: So Remote Mixing is now a thing...  (Read 5400 times)

Robert Piascik

• Hilliard, OH (near Columbus)
Re: So Remote Mixing is now a thing...
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 11:15:39 am »

So are we now closer to our fantasy of mixing in our underwear?

I do THAT every gig, I'm hoping to mix OUT of my underwear soon

Very cool Brian!
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R / XR12
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k / Xti6k

Jared Bartimus

• Normal, IL
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 04:16:57 pm »

I'm not responsible for the network setup on these jobs, which is a good thing since i know just enough about networking to be dangerous.

That being said, i do know this.  We use Cisco Meraki routers both in DC and in London to create a private network.  Network guys can chime in with more details on how that works cause i basically don't know.  But once that private network is created over the interwebs, all the devices connected on either end of the network see each other as if it were a LAN.

I ran QL Editor in DC controlling the QL1 located in London. Ping time was consistently 85 ms which made the control interaction basically seamless. The Video switch was done similarly with an ATEM 2ME switcher in London and a ATEM switcher control panel located in DC.  They also imported graphics created in DC directly into the ATEM located in London.  [sorry, that second parts is not really sound, but i found it interesting]

Hope that's enough information to make sense.  If anyone is interested in more details i can easily query and get a more detailed explanation.

I would be interested in learning more about the networking side if you can get the details.  I know the solutions can vary from just a VPN between two routers connected by DSL to renting wavelengths on submarine cables.

John L Nobile

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 10:23:23 pm »

I do THAT every gig, I'm hoping to mix OUT of my underwear soon

Very cool Brian!

Commando mixing. I'm getting tired of wearing black all the time. This could be the ticket. And as long as nothing goes wrong, no one will ever notice.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 10:23:23 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.