ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xilica XP4080 problem  (Read 1764 times)

Ron Ellis

Xilica XP4080 problem
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:23:15 PM »

I have had my Xilica XP4080 for about a year, and have been very happy with it once I got it setup...fast forward to today. I had my whole setup down, and when I put it back up... I discovered problems. My crossover was showing a 400Hz crossover but when I ran REW it was displaying 80-100Hz as the crossover according to the graphs. I decided to start all over with the crossover, and now I have no high end at all coming out of the XP. I verified this by disconnecting my horns (JBL 2360A) from the XP4080, and moving my Bass Bin (DIY) cable in the horns place on the XP4080. When I do this I have zero output, but if I move the output from the XP4080 slot 2 (my horn output) to slot 1 (my bass bin output) the output returns.

Can someone please look at my screenshots for my Bass Bins, and Horns to see if something jumps out at them that is wrong?

My crossovers are supposed to be at 400Hz with a Linkwitz 24db. I have a Hi-Shelf on the horns set to 12khz, 12db with the Q as close as I could get to .5.

Bass Bin

Horn

Here you can see my REW of the Bass Bin which shows that I def have output, but I am not sure where it is actually crossing over, but it is def above 80Hz that I had when the problem started.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Xilica XP4080 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 07:41:58 PM »

Bass bins and horns ?? Is this a two (2) cabinets system or what. Please define "horns".
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Ron Ellis

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 07:54:48 PM »

Bass bins and horns ?? Is this a two (2) cabinets system or what. Please define "horns".

Yes it is a bi-amped setup consisting of a horn loaded bass bin, and a separate horn (JBL 2360A horn) for each of 3 channels in our home theater. The JBL 2360A horn is crossed over at 400Hz to my DIY horn loaded bass bins.

Ron Ellis

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 12:06:44 PM »

Yes it is a bi-amped setup consisting of a horn loaded bass bin, and a separate horn (JBL 2360A horn) for each of 3 channels in our home theater. The JBL 2360A horn is crossed over at 400Hz to my DIY horn loaded bass bins.

Problem solved... I forgot to bypass all the default EQ settings.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 12:06:44 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.