ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down

Author Topic: So disappointing - generators didn't arrive..  (Read 59204 times)

Scott Slater

Re: So disappointing - generators didn't arrive..
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2016, 07:58:26 AM »

Where have you seen that?  On the GLD side, the initial recommendations were shielded.

I have used shielded on both my GLD and Qu almost exclusively.  I have used standard unshielded CAT5e when using really short cables when the box was close to the mixer.

My understanding is that devices that use standard CAT5/CAT5e can also generally use CAT5e shielded, but not the other way around.  I have always opted for the shielded on the longer runs because that is when it is more prone to EMI.  I have had zero issues with my shielded cables and have used them for countless shows on the GLD, and probably 30 or so with the Qu-16 setup.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #191 on: June 09, 2016, 11:12:10 AM »

It is pretty easy to assign the I/O in both the Qu-Pac and the Qu-16.  The outputs let you pick from any of the available output sources for each output port.  You should be able to configure them now without actually having the AB168 in hand.  I believe I did this on my Qu-Pac, so that I could just drop it in when it is needed.  It is easiest to do it from the iPad app IMO.

Not really getting it I think - been playing with both the QUPAC directly and the iPad but really not sure how to set it up.
When it arrives I'll connect some of the inputs and see if what I am asking it to do, actually gets done I suppose.
I was like this when I first got the QU16 - unsure to start but once I got it, there was no stopping me! LOL...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »

On the source screen I have 17-32 set for D- snake. That seems too simple so I must have missed something???..... I just need to set up a group as an extra stereo mix out... that is more complicated.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2016, 04:41:24 PM »

Sorry this thread took a swerve from generators to D- snakes - all my fault.

Just wanted to say though that the AB168 came today and I spent some time playing and I gots it down!
I was able to set it up just for 1-16 channel snake use, for  full 32 channel use, and the thing I wanted to do the most  - EXTRA STEREO MIX OUTS - YAY !...
Super stoked and I've almost forgotten about the generator ( I'll be getting one though - one day)

Thank you to Mike Pyle as always.....

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »

As an update..... I just purchased 2 inverter generators. I went for these:

http://www.usesmartertools.com/AP-2000iQ.html

I have spent quite some time researching (as you all know and are sick of by now probably- I apologize)....
I read every review of every single inverter generator out there, looked at the weight, size, noise level, cost, fuel type etc etc...

These little generators are getting GREAT reviews for the following reasons (among others):

Although made in China, they use the Yamaha MZ80 engine -just like the Yamaha EF2000 inverter generator does ( in fact they look virtually identical inside)
They have 3 year warranty,
They have a fuel pet cock ( important to me)
Parallel capable
They are rated at 51db
They weigh only 44 lbs

Main reason for 2 x 2000w instead of 1x 3000w - I can throw these around myself without help.

I checked them out and they are really quiet. I can stand next to 2 of them running and have a whisper quiet conversation.
Build is very nice. Easy to get to oil fill without removing side panel. Simple fuel gauge for easy monitoring.

From a customer service standpoint....Before I made the purchase, I had a couple of questions for Smarter Tools and each time a rep got right back to me - very helpful.
In fact, one of the 2 I ordered had taken a hit during shipping and it seemed the damage was only cosmetic so I called Smarter Tools to see if they could send me a new side panel.  They said they could but suggested I check it out thoroughly in case there were more issues. I did and I realized there were more problems with it so I decided not to risk it and I sent it back to Amazon for a replacement (which works great) .....then 2 days ago, I had a call from the Executive Vice President asking if there was anything he could do to help - pretty cool - eh?

Anyway at $600 a piece, these units look pretty good but of course only time will tell.

For my purposes investing much more than this would not have been cost effective but this also means I have digital back up for power outage sat the home too. I sold my TroyBilt 6200 watt generator ( that never got used) 2 weeks ago so my out of pocket isn't that bad.

One last thing - they can't be that bad if Costco have been selling them for years!!!

http://www.costco.com/Smarter-Tools-2000-watt-Parallel-Capable-Inverter-Generator-with-Yamaha®-Engine.product.100121916.html

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.