ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery life with the new VHF products.  (Read 2884 times)

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Battery life with the new VHF products.
« on: May 20, 2016, 10:54:39 AM »

Anyone care to take a guess at what battery life will be like with new VHF products like the ULXD?  I've heard before that UHF has significantly better battery life than 2.4ghz equipment.  Will that lower frequency power draw effect transfer down to VHF?

Jerome Malsack

Re: Battery life with the new VHF products.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »

my old vhf  Audio Technica and EV Mr 2500 typically are 8 hours.   9 volt alkaline 

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 09:34:45 PM »

Battery life (power draw really) is not dependent on frequency band. Rather, power demand is determined by the circuit design and components selected to deliver the desired transmission scheme, RF power level and linearity, audio gain/driver levels, etc. There are examples of RF devices at both extremes of the occupied RF bands that are power hogs and power misers.

The beta VHF ULXDs that have been in the field for the past year have for for all intent and purpose the same battery life as the UHF version. the 50mW VHF Lectrosonics T4 IFB transmitter has less power consumption than the 250mW UHF version.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 01:35:00 AM »

Battery life (power draw really) is not dependent on frequency band. Rather, power demand is determined by the circuit design and components selected to deliver the desired transmission scheme, RF power level and linearity, audio gain/driver levels, etc. There are examples of RF devices at both extremes of the occupied RF bands that are power hogs and power misers.

The beta VHF ULXDs that have been in the field for the past year have for for all intent and purpose the same battery life as the UHF version. the 50mW VHF Lectrosonics T4 IFB transmitter has less power consumption than the 250mW UHF version.

Thanks Henry, I was hoping you'd chime in and set me straight on this.  Appreciate you're sharing all of your experience!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 01:35:00 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.