ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha TF series vs Behringer X32- personal monitoring solution  (Read 13617 times)

James Hicks

Re: Yamaha TF series vs Behringer X32- personal monitoring solution
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 09:47:26 PM »

This is more of a question concerning compatibility. Leaving analog out of the discussion I can think of very few digital boards that won't allow a monitoring "solution" to integrate with the board properly.

The solution may be manufactured by the parent company, or by a third party, however, in the end it's the boards built in or expansion capabilities that determine the ability or extent to which your primary solution can be expanded.

As I had said, many companies offer solution for your needs, and your initial purchase (board) should be made with those expansion capabilities in mind. My choice has been Soundcraft for any number of reasons, and although IEM and personal monitoring was a part of my initial buying decision, it was a small part.

In the end though a quick look at the boards (Performer) expansion capabilities left me knowing that should I need or want to "expand" my solution by "integrating" any number of personal monitoring or IEM solutions it would be a matter of choice, not chance.

Some solutions would be obvious, but keep in mind that you get what you pay for, and good solutions are not cheap. So, are you serious and want a lasting solution, or do you want a cheap solution that might work OK. It's your choice, and a choice that should be made when you purchase your board, the foundation for the house you're building.

Solutions include those from;

Allen and Heath
Aviom
dbx
Digital Audio Labs
Hear Technologies
Roland
etc.

http://dbxpro.com/en-US/products/pmc16

I'm typically looking at smaller houses of worship and the bolded part in your quote is more often than not the factor that comes into play, unfortunately.

In the one job we've been involved in with PMs, the customer had already found the Behringer stuff in one of the catalogs and determined that's what they wanted and the budget necessary to get it. It was my first experience with them, and so far it's the only one we've done with the personal monitors. They seemed good enough, but like I said just comparing board to board I think I'd rather push the Yamaha.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 10:50:48 PM »

If Yamaha was going to compete in this space they probably would have already.  Of course I could be wrong, but third party tight integration options have been available for a long time and they haven't moved at that space.  When the M7 came out they ruled the digital church market.  That would have been the perfect time to introduce a product, but they didnt.  I wouldn't hold your breath now.  The PM market is more competitive than it has ever been and Yamaha has enough quality 3rd party options that integrate tightly that they don't need to roll their own as a selling point in the HoW market.

Aviom pretty much owns the church market, and there's a Yamaha MY card to go with their system. And at this point we're probably near market saturation, especially since the Aviom stuff is very reliable.

Don Ernst

• Ernst Audio Services, Inc
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 11:25:07 PM »

Aviom pretty much owns the church market, and there's a Yamaha MY card to go with their system. And at this point we're probably near market saturation, especially since the Aviom stuff is very reliable.

There is only one problem with the MY cards and the TF.  They are not compatible with the TF.
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »

There is only one problem with the MY cards and the TF.  They are not compatible with the TF.

I would not expect Aviom to leave it that way.

MY cards are of the past. All the new desks have slots for newer cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Helmke

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »

True. But the TF does support up to ten remote mixing apps from iPhones, Androids, etc. So for that market you don't need to buy much extra hardware to get roughly the same functionality.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.