ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A&H QU-Pac vs QU-SB - What's the point?  (Read 7538 times)

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
A&H QU-Pac vs QU-SB - What's the point?
« on: May 18, 2016, 09:55:07 AM »

Along with the release of v1.9 firmware for the A&H QU series, I found out about the new QU-SB.  Seems to be a QU-Pac minus the screen and any front-panel controls at all - hence the beefing up of the iPad app to do everything.

I looked at the pricing on the web - about $300 less than the QU-Pac.   
Behringer x32 rack at the same price as the QU-SB - the x-Air-xr16 at $699...

I was toying with the idea of a head-only second mixer to go with the QU16, but from a price point, I can not see it.  From a functional point, A&H does allow the d-snake to actually increase the number of Inputs to 32 - and an increase in outputs as well - at close to a grand for the AB168.

A&H still does not offer an off-line scene editor/creator -

What am I missing?
frank

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: A&H QU-Pac vs QU-SB - What's the point?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 10:37:14 AM »

When I was looking for a rack mount back up mixer, I checked out all those same options including the sound craft UI series.( the QU-SB hadn't yet been released)
 I purchased the QU-PAC because the QU-PAC has the screen and controls. If I was at a show and wifi became problematic, I would at least be able to get by with what the QU- PAC has to offer. So for me it became a choice between the rack X32 or the QU-PAC and as I already own the QU16, it meant the learning curve wouldn't be too steep.
Also I am still able to do some set up and initial line level checks on stage with the QU-PAC before I fire up my iPad which saves me some time.
I have ended up using the QU-PAC for most of the shows due to its small footprint and I take the QU16 with me as back up instead!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

John Chiara

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 12:51:49 PM »

Not being able to split inputs makes all these options a no go for me. I always run separate vocal monitor channels.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:25:46 AM by John Chiara »

Scott Helmke

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 01:03:41 PM »

The new 1.90 remote control stuff is looking more like a stab into the Crestron install market. So a screenless rack unit makes sense in that context.

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 02:16:01 PM »

The new 1.90 remote control stuff is looking more like a stab into the Crestron install market. So a screenless rack unit makes sense in that context.

Just updated today, and have been poking around.  So far, I love the expanded control for the ipad.  Custom layers are really easy.  Full scene setup and control now too.

Best regards,

John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 02:16:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.