ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tannoy VXP Question  (Read 5278 times)

Brent_Handy

Re: Tannoy VXP Question
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 09:19:22 PM »

We do some bid work for schools.  I try to stay out of the initial system installation side of things, because of the bid process and low margins.  In some cases, we have relationships with schools where there is no bid process because we take care of them.

Often times, a system is not designed for the function and room, but for the budget.  I just spec'd a Danley system for a high school, and some wise guy came in with a low-ball system.  The school doesn't know quality from crap, so they like the idea of the low-ball system.  It will allow them to fund more projects.  I see this all the time.  It is frustrating.  It is more wasteful spending IMO.

Now, maybe another dealer can comment about the differences since manufacturing was moved to China.  But, if the venue calls for this technology and it is properly implemented, you should have a good sounding system.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 07:44:34 AM »

We do some bid work for schools.  I try to stay out of the initial system installation side of things, because of the bid process and low margins.  In some cases, we have relationships with schools where there is no bid process because we take care of them.

Often times, a system is not designed for the function and room, but for the budget.  I just spec'd a Danley system for a high school, and some wise guy came in with a low-ball system.  The school doesn't know quality from crap, so they like the idea of the low-ball system.  It will allow them to fund more projects.  I see this all the time.  It is frustrating.  It is more wasteful spending IMO.

Now, maybe another dealer can comment about the differences since manufacturing was moved to China.  But, if the venue calls for this technology and it is properly implemented, you should have a good sounding system.
The truly SAD thing, is that in many cases (seems like schools especially) a proper sound system is one that simply make noise.

You do not have to be able to understand what is being said, as long as you can hear "something".

They just assume "that is the way sound systems sound" and never think about it.

No wonder the average quality of audio is so low these days :(

Yet the same people who "sign off" on the low bidder do not drive the cheapest car-or live in the cheapest house or eat the cheapest meals.

But somehow "cheap" is good enough for others----
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 07:44:34 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.