Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Swedish Festival RF

(1/3) > >>

peter dakin:
Hi,

I've a festival show coming up in Sweden and struggling to confirm RF frequencies over there. I've contacted the governing body PTS, but no reply as of yet. Festival organiser states there some DTV in range of my kit (IEM's 530 - 570, HH's 606-648).

However the PTS require me to send my chosen frequencies to them, as its a busy festival I had hoped there'd be a major event co-ordination..

Is there any geographical information on DTV or anyone any recommendations? Festival is about 12km from nearest city of Sölvesborg.

Cheers in advance

Diogo Nunes Pereira:

--- Quote from: peter dakin on May 16, 2016, 10:39:35 AM ---
Is there any geographical information on DTV or anyone any recommendations? Festival is about 12km from nearest city of Sölvesborg.

--- End quote ---

According to Wireless Workbench this (red columns) is the DTV channels occupied 30km from Solvesborg. White areas are your systems bands.

Data was accessed via WWB6 Postal Code lookup funcionality.

Hope this helps. Cheers. D

PS. What is a PTS?

Robert Lofgren:
PTS (Post och TeleStyrelsen)  is the government department that handles all of the freq coordination in sweden.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Robert Lofgren on May 16, 2016, 09:28:55 PM ---PTS (Post och TeleStyrelsen)  is the government department that handles all of the freq coordination in sweden.

--- End quote ---

So much telecom was under the post office.  POCSAG, a digital RF encoding scheme stands for Post Office Code Standards Advisory Group,  I think it was a British effort.

Of course Sweden is home to Ericsson, which if I recall the history the Post Office ran the telephone exchanges too.

Cool history.

Pete Erskine:

--- Quote from: peter dakin on May 16, 2016, 10:39:35 AM ---

Cheers in advance

--- End quote ---

There are some scans on http://www.bestaudio.com/spectrum-scans/ but not close to your event.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version