ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: dbx driverack 260 vs venue 360  (Read 19297 times)

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
dbx driverack 260 vs venue 360
« on: May 14, 2016, 05:04:48 PM »

Been using the dbx-260 for many years.  It's done very well and has some good features.  Been considering moving to the Venue 360; looks like it has a more intuitive user interface (on the unit itself) as compared to the 260.

Is the Venue 360 an "upgrade" to the 260 (they appear to be fairly identical)? 

Is the front control panel easier to use on the Venue 360 compared to the 260?

I'm looking for more intuitive control over the crossover (and management) of the system.  We use a few different FOH speakers (depending on the event), and we also may use the facility speakers, or the band's speakers at events - of which we tie our FOH system (crossover, EQ, compression), etc...) into these "guest" systems.  I'm looking for a more efficient way of setting up the crossover, etc..  with only using the user interface on the control panel.  The dbx-260 is fair -- is the 360 better?

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
Re: dbx driverack 260 vs venue 360
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 10:33:06 PM »

I've mentioned it before, but consider the VENU360 to be the "next generation" driverack.  Nice interface and quicker system setup, IMHO.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 11:27:41 PM »

I've mentioned it before, but consider the VENU360 to be the "next generation" driverack.  Nice interface and quicker system setup, IMHO.

Dave

Do you know if there is a way to port your 260 settings to the 360?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 01:36:06 AM »

Do you know if there is a way to port your 260 settings to the 360?

What problem do you want to solve with several hundred dollars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 10:34:13 AM »

Been using the dbx-260 for many years.  It's done very well and has some good features.  Been considering moving to the Venue 360; looks like it has a more intuitive user interface (on the unit itself) as compared to the 260.

Is the front control panel easier to use on the Venue 360 compared to the 260?

I'm looking for more intuitive control over the crossover (and management) of the system.  We use a few different FOH speakers (depending on the event), and we also may use the facility speakers, or the band's speakers at events - of which we tie our FOH system (crossover, EQ, compression), etc...) into these "guest" systems.  I'm looking for a more efficient way of setting up the crossover, etc..  with only using the user interface on the control panel.  The dbx-260 is fair -- is the 360 better?

The 360 has 3 inputs which will allow you to do aux fed subs

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 11:02:54 AM »

What problem do you want to solve with several hundred dollars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don’t understand your reply to my post. I work with a company that one of the DSPs it has is a Driverack 260 that gets used for events in some venues. It has settings in it to use in those venues. They recently added a Driverack 360 and since it might replace the 260 at times. It would be nice to load it up with the 260 settings that we have come up with for all of those venues. It would at least be a configuration starting point if the 2 devices sound that different. I don’t think this is an unreasonable question to ask if a company’s new device can import the setting from its older device that is basically an upgraded device.

I am very familiar with the 260 and I powered up the 360 and looked at the on screen menus and I didn’t find it to be as easy as the 260. But that is probably because I am pretty familiar with the 260. But actually I am more familiar with the DR4800 that I use a lot more. I will have to play with it a bit to see what I really think about it.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 12:58:52 PM »

Kevin, you might try a phone call to dbx in Utah and ask.

I'm pretty sure you can't use the same preset file, I'm 100% certain a "device" file (in HiQnet-speak) will not work.  The big question is transfer function - can you use the same numeric parameter values and get the same TF result.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 01:04:14 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 01:41:16 PM »

I just downloaded the DR 360 windows program. I don’t think it is up to the same standards as the Driveware software for the 260. I sure hope this thing sounds more like the 4800 then the 260 though.

Barry Singleton

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 01:57:41 PM »

I just downloaded the DR 360 windows program. I don’t think it is up to the same standards as the Driveware software for the 260. I sure hope this thing sounds more like the 4800 then the 260 though.

Hi Kevin;

I am very interested in your findings on this front. I have half a dozen 260's and a couple of 4800's. I have looked pretty hard at the 360 but haven't driven one yet.

Being a Utah boy when I saw the made in China on the 360 box I was turned away but if it's good product I will likely end up with some.

Please share you observations.

Thank you sir,
Barry.
If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 02:12:21 PM »

Dave
Sounds good.  Maybe what I'm looking for.

The 360 has 3 inputs which will allow you to do aux fed subs
Saw the 3rd input.  I rarely do aux fed subs, but this may make it easier to do.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 02:12:21 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.