ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Too many?  (Read 5835 times)

Jerome Malsack

Re: Too many?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 12:09:44 PM »

How many amps can I get outta this thing?

only 15 with the straight blades. 

Daniel Levi

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 03:31:53 PM »

This is a part of a much larger desplay of antique not to code fixtures, sockets, switches and outlets.  I use 11 watt sign lights to keep the current and total power down.  It is all on a trailer and I take it to old engine shows along with a old start and stop on demand Kohler generator. Also not to code.

Yeah, have seen the picture on the site before, just thought I would show what someone else had done but with modern lamps, just don't use high wattage incandescents (i.e. 60/100w or even 40w would be way too much for most fittings), I don't thing the lighting circuit or human eyes could handle itr.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 07:39:35 PM »

Yeah, have seen the picture on the site before, just thought I would show what someone else had done but with modern lamps, just don't use high wattage incandescents (i.e. 60/100w or even 40w would be way too much for most fittings), I don't thing the lighting circuit or human eyes could handle itr.

Often someone will show a lot of interest in the display, and explain that they are a electrician I always tell them that as a trained professional, for there own mental health,  they should not look directly at the display. 
Not to Code

John L Nobile

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 10:13:11 PM »

Nice beginner project. A DIY power bar.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 12:29:51 AM »

Here is the whole display All through a GFI all 11 watt bulbs.  Turn on the display and the generator starts.  1928 technology.  Not to code

I have an old Delco home generator system from the same era that has auto start so you don't run down the storage batteries. The Delco's were a 32 volt DC systems and were available in different sizes. I have a couple 32 volt motors, a toaster, cloths iron and some light bulbs to go with it.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 09:35:44 AM »

I have an old Delco home generator system from the same era that has auto start so you don't run down the storage batteries. The Delco's were a 32 volt DC systems and were available in different sizes. I have a couple 32 volt motors, a toaster, cloths iron and some light bulbs to go with it.

Wow, that must attract some attention.  I have seen a number of Delcos at shows, but just one 32 volt motor. Never a toaster or Iron.  Maybe some day we can set up next to each other.  I do have some film strips made for Delco dealers on how to sell them.
Not to Code

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 01:04:08 AM »

I daresay it looks safer than SOME of the distros we've seen pictured here   :o
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 01:04:08 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 26 queries.