ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setup School Stage lighting system  (Read 1021 times)

Robin France

Setup School Stage lighting system
« on: May 11, 2016, 10:57:04 am »

Hi,

I'm a teacher at a school in China. Sorry for the simple question but I don't know the correct names for everything so it is difficult to search for.

We have about 10 stage lights with the old-fashioned 2 pin plugs on them like below (I believe they are 3 pin in many countries, but China is 2 pin!). We want to get a lighting console/controller for drama performances that is programmable but everything we can find has got the newer dmx type sockets on. Is there a way to covert from the old style plugs to a dmx socket? Can you get programmable consoles that have the old kind of plug sockets on them? Can we cut off the 2 pin plugs and wire it to a dmx type plug?

Thanks

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber