ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: PA Speakers Recommendation (live band)  (Read 55592 times)

Mark Finnemore

Re: PA Speakers Recommendation (live band)
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2016, 01:33:01 PM »

LOL, that was me. I've been known to spout complete BS from time to time ;-)

LOL  ;)

I'm seriously considering the EKX18sp's at the moment, and might still pick up the VRX's in July if I'm feeling saucy and someone else doesn't get there first.

I sort of view 2nd hand stuff as almost zero outlay as its an asset, and I can always sell if I need the money.  That's my excuse anyway ;)

It'd be nice to have the lighter weight stuff around too for smaller gigs.

Pros:
Flexible DSP
Light
Fairly cheap
Probably (!) fine for most of what I'd do.

Cons:
Probably don't sound anywhere near as good as the VRX
Probably don't go anywhere near as loud as the VRX

Also with an extra sub or 2 I can use one for drum monitor.  Drummers seem to love a lot of kick.  I should know, I am one ;)

Yes yes, I'm just trying to justify this idea  :o ;) ::)

Jay Marr

« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »

One thing I always keep in mind when buying used gear....if I get a great deal, I'm sure I can sell it for close to or the same as what I paid for it.
Therefore I never fear the purchase....

New gear....different story.

Mark Finnemore

« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2016, 10:21:20 AM »

One thing I always keep in mind when buying used gear....if I get a great deal, I'm sure I can sell it for close to or the same as what I paid for it.
Therefore I never fear the purchase....

New gear....different story.

Yes I am very much like that too; I tend to try and get as much as I can second hand.  Some items hardly devalue (like camera lenses) and I've been known to sell them on for as much as I purchased them for after substantial usage.

I tend to prefer to own rather than rent too.. If I own it, I can rent it out myself and earn money back ;)  I know sometimes it's better to rent though, especially for big events.

Mark Finnemore

« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2016, 05:40:21 AM »

I found someone selling some JBL PRX gear, PRX715-XLF subs and PRX712 tops, for a good price second hand, so I figured what the heck, I'll pick them up.  I'm still chasing those VRX's but hopefully the little 715-XLF's coupled will be fine for the smaller venues (including the one at the end of the month).

Having the 712's will be handy too, just need to decide whether to use them for mains or the DSR112's!  Whichever I don't use will be used for monitors.  Nice problem to have :)  I imagine it'll be the DSR's as from what I've read they'll fair a little better for live music.

Doug Maye

« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2016, 08:20:34 AM »

Not trying to rub salt into an open wound,,,,,,,but a couple of weeks ago Musicians Friend had the PRX 718xlf as the stupid deal of the day at the crazy price of $799. I know that doesn't do anything for someone across the pond,but that's a steal.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2016, 07:53:56 PM »

Not trying to rub salt into an open wound,,,,,,,but a couple of weeks ago Musicians Friend had the PRX 718xlf as the stupid deal of the day at the crazy price of $799. I know that doesn't do anything for someone across the pond,but that's a steal.
I agree Doug,

My question is .... why are the prices coming down on the XLF's?  Wonder what is in the pipe at JBL  8)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2016, 07:53:56 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.