ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motion Sound Pro-145  (Read 3555 times)

Aaron Maurer

Motion Sound Pro-145
« on: May 09, 2016, 05:35:11 PM »

Does anyone know what factory installed microphones are in this cabinet? 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:29:10 PM by Aaron Maurer »

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Motion Sound Pro-145
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 05:56:44 PM »

Does anyone know me know what factory installed microphones are in this cabinet?
Terrible ones. I owned a pro-145 for 10 years and attempted to use the internal mics maybe 3 times, then gave up due to poor sound quality and feedback.

Any mic that works on a guitar amp will be an improvement to the internal ones.

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 12:34:16 PM »

Terrible ones. I owned a pro-145 for 10 years and attempted to use the internal mics maybe 3 times, then gave up due to poor sound quality and feedback.

Any mic that works on a guitar amp will be an improvement to the internal ones.

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the inside of the cabinet would you?  Your response is interesting as the top stereo mics to me are lackluster at best but the real problem is the sub mic. It is not appealing at all and on top of that the noise coming from the rotor is bad.  I am providing for a band that has this rig and wanted to learn more about it.  Cant seem to find anything on the net.  Thanks A

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 12:51:30 PM »

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the inside of the cabinet would you?  Your response is interesting as the top stereo mics to me are lackluster at best but the real problem is the sub mic. It is not appealing at all and on top of that the noise coming from the rotor is bad.  I am providing for a band that has this rig and wanted to learn more about it.  Cant seem to find anything on the net.  Thanks A
I sold it a year ago or so, sorry.  The mics were cheapo electrets.  IIRC they were located near the corners of the cabinet.  They're not very big.  FYI, for a mono system, it's better to just run one mic on the top and one on the bottom - otherwise mixing the two top mics doubles the apparent speed of the horn, which sounds goofy.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 02:21:08 PM »

General Leslie mic'ing would be a 57 or e609 on the top.  The horn only goes up to 5K or so.  Kick mic on the bottom as they have blast/pop filters that minimize the wind noise from the spinning baffle.  On regular Leslies some folks take the cloth band off the lower baffle thinking it makes it louder, but it only makes the wind noise on fast speed worse.  Same with cutting the diffusers out of the top horns.  It's doesn't really get louder but will sound harsher.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 02:21:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.