ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with performance manager  (Read 2998 times)

John Hiemburg

Help with performance manager
« on: May 07, 2016, 12:04:49 am »

Hello,

I've got an itech 8000 (not HD) powering a DBH-218.

The trouble I'm having is that this amp requires the old performance manager to edit the DSP, which requires an unlock code. I've sent the obligatory email from the download page and gotten no response.

The new version of PM doesn't require an activation code but also will not work with this amp.

Any ideas? I'm stuck with using a drive rack to process the sub at the moment, but I'd rather do it in the box.

Thanks,

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Help with performance manager
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 12:09:16 am »

Hello,

I've got an itech 8000 (not HD) powering a DBH-218.

The trouble I'm having is that this amp requires the old performance manager to edit the DSP, which requires an unlock code. I've sent the obligatory email from the download page and gotten no response.

The new version of PM doesn't require an activation code but also will not work with this amp.

Any ideas? I'm stuck with using a drive rack to process the sub at the moment, but I'd rather do it in the box.

Thanks,

You need Audio Architect, v1.6.

http://adn.harmanpro.com/softwares/wares/392_1428962280/AudioArchitect_v1.60.2.zip

Or you can use System Architect v3.4

http://www.harmanmusicgroup.com/HiQnet/SystemArchitect3.40.1.0-R3.zip

Neither require a license code to use.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 06:18:44 am »

You need Audio Architect, v1.6.

http://adn.harmanpro.com/softwares/wares/392_1428962280/AudioArchitect_v1.60.2.zip

Or you can use System Architect v3.4

http://www.harmanmusicgroup.com/HiQnet/SystemArchitect3.40.1.0-R3.zip

Neither require a license code to use.

I would recommend always using the latest a and greatest version of Audio Architect whenever possible. The current version is 1.90.1.   I know Tim is running a 32 bit machine so maybe that is why he is recommending 1.6, but I don't see the OP with that limitation. 
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Eric Christian

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 06:42:45 am »

Go to jblpro.com under the tour sound section is the new download page for PM. Version 1.9.3 will work with the original I techs I believe and doesn't require a license anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 10:13:16 am »

Go to jblpro.com under the tour sound section is the new download page for PM. Version 1.9.3 will work with the original I techs I believe and doesn't require a license anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Performance manager is the wrong tool for the job.  Both versions require license activation to "go online" and communicate with system devices.

For Dave S:  If Jono used PM, it's a 32 bit application so I suggested 32 bit versions of SA/AA.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Eric Christian

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 12:01:46 pm »

Both versions require license activation to "go online" and communicate with system devices.

Not since they released version 2.0. It's a free license now.  They also released 1.9.3 with free activation for users with gear no longer supported in v2.  The download are available from jblpro website not the hiqnet website where you used to have to purchase a license.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 08:27:35 pm »

Not since they released version 2.0. It's a free license now.  They also released 1.9.3 with free activation for users with gear no longer supported in v2.  The download are available from jblpro website not the hiqnet website where you used to have to purchase a license.

I requested additional seat licenses from the JBL website and heard nothing back from them.  You still need a license number for 1.9.3 to "talk" to devices.  Even if it's free, you still need the number (Anyone at Harman listening to me here?).

That's why I suggested Jonathan download something that I personally know works without activation.

Performance Manager will work for you right up to the point you connect to the network devices.  You can design a system all day long, circuit it, import info from LAC II, but it stops there.

Eric Christian

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 01:09:13 am »

I requested additional seat licenses from the JBL website and heard nothing back from them.  You still need a license number for 1.9.3 to "talk" to devices.  Even if it's free, you still need the number (Anyone at Harman listening to me here?).

That's why I suggested Jonathan download something that I personally know works without activation.

Performance Manager will work for you right up to the point you connect to the network devices.  You can design a system all day long, circuit it, import info from LAC II, but it stops there.

No need to request additional seat licenses anymore.  Just download and install on as many computers as necessary.  I've installed 2.0 on all of our shop computers and connected to our amps without a problem.  I just installed 1.9.3 on my home computer and there isn't even a tab to activate PM anymore like in 1.9.2 and previous versions.  I don't have any amps to connect to right now at home but I don't see there being any problem as there isn't even a way to enter a license code anymore.  Here's the link to get the software:

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/tour-sound/performance-manager#.Vy7HEvkrKUk

Both 1.9.3 and 2.0.2 are available there. Submit your info and the download will be available on the bottom of the next page.  It even says in the version history that the activation requirements have been removed.

You are correct though. Audio Architect is the correct tool for what the OP needs to do which is design a preset for a non JBL speaker.  Once the preset is saved it can then be loaded as a generic speaker in PM.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 01:09:13 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.