ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen and Heath qu16 question  (Read 765 times)

Peter A Viehoever

Allen and Heath qu16 question
« on: May 07, 2016, 06:16:07 pm »

I have been experimenting with a friendís qu16 mixer and referring to the user guide. Most things make sense. I gather the qu24 is similar in its operation.

I have not found a way to split the XLR inputs internally (post preamp gain and pre-EQ) so I can use one channel for the house and one for monitors, perhaps on a different layer. I would prefer to not use hard wired XLR splits since that would use up more channels. Can this be done with this mixer? Some of the inputs can appear on more than one channel and/or layer but they are showing up post EQ.

I had my hands on a Soundcraft mixer (Expression perhaps?) and was able to do that internal split.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Mark Rombouts

Re: Allen and Heath qu16 question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 06:53:19 pm »

I have been experimenting with a friendís qu16 mixer and referring to the user guide. Most things make sense. I gather the qu24 is similar in its operation.

I have not found a way to split the XLR inputs internally (post preamp gain and pre-EQ) so I can use one channel for the house and one for monitors, perhaps on a different layer. I would prefer to not use hard wired XLR splits since that would use up more channels. Can this be done with this mixer? Some of the inputs can appear on more than one channel and/or layer but they are showing up post EQ.

I had my hands on a Soundcraft mixer (Expression perhaps?) and was able to do that internal split.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Not possible on Qu

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Allen and Heath qu16 question
¬ę Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 06:53:19 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.