ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: curious problem with WWB  (Read 6594 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: curious problem with WWB
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 01:31:43 PM »

Hmm...that is a bit odd. Are you on the latest software version?

Take a look at the most recent release notes and make sure of which version you need to have installed for that firmware to be recognized.
Everything works as expected with the Mac wired to the router so I would think the firmware is compatable.
It's only when the Mac is using the WiFi adapter to connect to the router that there is an issue.
Will look at router WiFi settings.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 10:32:56 AM »

Everything works as expected with the Mac wired to the router so I would think the firmware is compatable.
It's only when the Mac is using the WiFi adapter to connect to the router that there is an issue.
Will look at router WiFi settings.

Give everything a fixed ip and make sure you can ping all devices.  Fixed ip on your computer too.  If everything is setup properly it shouldn't make a difference but it's an easy test and if something changes then you've got another data point.

BTW, macs do have a firewall.  Probably not your problem here but check to make sure it's disabled just in case.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 07:48:24 PM »

Give everything a fixed ip and make sure you can ping all devices.  Fixed ip on your computer too.  If everything is setup properly it shouldn't make a difference but it's an easy test and if something changes then you've got another data point.

BTW, macs do have a firewall.  Probably not your problem here but check to make sure it's disabled just in case.

Particularly with fixed IP and MacBooks, be sure to disable app Nap in WWB Info.  If not disabled some wireless will turn off and not connect.  I had this problem until Josh Flower showed me this.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:39:29 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 07:48:24 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.