ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Excel macros for IAS, Riedel Artist and TTI scans - FIXED IAS FORMAT  (Read 3106 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio

Here are my macros for importing IAS frequency files, Riedel Director files and TTI Scan files into Excel.

These Macros will work in any version of Excel thanks to help from Julian Gareis at Sprechlaut.

You will need an account to access these.  There is no charge and feel free to modify them for your purposes.

http://www.bestaudio.com/downloads/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:33:34 pm by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
peter@bestaudio.com

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
Re: Excel macros for IAS, Riedel Artist and TTI scans
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 05:43:54 pm »

Thank you!

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 04:01:04 pm »

Here are my macros for importing IAS frequency files, Riedel Director files and TTI Scan files into Excel.

After a call from a user, I discovered that the Macro for importing IAS into Excel doesn't work. 

The problem is that in other browsers and earlier versions of Explorer, copy from the IAS web preview pasted into Excel will properly going into columns, whereas it will not in the latest Explorer.  Solution is use Chrome.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
peter@bestaudio.com

Brad Harris

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 07:51:44 pm »

After a call from a user, I discovered that the Macro for importing IAS into Excel doesn't work. 

The problem is that in other browsers and earlier versions of Explorer, copy from the IAS web preview pasted into Excel will properly going into columns, whereas it will not in the latest Explorer.  Solution is use Chrome.

I don't get it to work either, but with my current setup on my mac, it's not much of a hasstle to copy the page out of safari and paste it into Excel, and just delete which ever narrative rows I don't want. Although, I'll be checking the macro out in more detail to figure out how to reliably automate getting rid of the 'header' and 'footer' from IAS

ias 4.8.8.0
safari 8.0.2
excel:mac 2011 14.5.7

BRad

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:34:12 pm »

I don't get it to work either, but with my current setup on my mac, it's not much of a hasstle to copy the page out of safari and paste it into Excel, and just delete which ever narrative rows I don't want. Although, I'll be checking the macro out in more detail to figure out how to reliably automate getting rid of the 'header' and 'footer' from IAS

ias 4.8.8.0
safari 8.0.2
excel:mac 2011 14.5.7

BRad

Be sure you aren't using Explorer since that is the normal windows.
I tried it and it works fine. Set Safari to be the default browser for windows and did it.
The only dif is you are using IAS 4.8 but that is the version I originally wrote the macro in.  My Safari was Ver 9
Try it with Chrome.

Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
peter@bestaudio.com

Brad Harris

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 11:00:17 pm »

Be sure you aren't using Explorer since that is the normal windows.
I tried it and it works fine. Set Safari to be the default browser for windows and did it.
The only dif is you are using IAS 4.8 but that is the version I originally wrote the macro in.  My Safari was Ver 9
Try it with Chrome.

It took me quite a few frustrating attempts to change the windows default browser to safari way back when .... don't want a new browser, nor try to figure it out all over again :P

Litterally, all I do now is delete 2-3 ranges of rows (header and footer) and it's good to go (given that I've given names to all the freq in IAS, otherwise I have to slide the info over a column) for a straight copy & paste (when I had the windows machine, it wouldn't do that, it all pasted into a single column .....)

If I could figure out how (i.e. attempt) to just delete the last x rows of the footer via a macro (and to put it into a button on the 'ribbon'), I'd be happy as a pig in mud.

BRad

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 09:33:54 am »

If I could figure out how (i.e. attempt) to just delete the last x rows of the footer via a macro (and to put it into a button on the 'ribbon'), I'd be happy as a pig in mud.

Again I tried it with Safari, Chrome and Firefox and it works....That being said

Excel format only

Some combinations of OS and Browsers don't allow proper pasting of the IAS into excel.  This macro just does formatting - you need to get the file pasted into excel at cell A1 and then run this.

Your paste MUST load into separate cells like this
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:36:19 am by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
peter@bestaudio.com

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 01:43:58 pm »

With Brad's help I was able to fix a bug in my macro which didn't treat the header of the exported file universally or the Freq column which moves depending on the version of IAS.  The Import IAS macro should work better now.

http://www.bestaudio.com/downloads/ for the whole page

Just for the macros:  ALL 3 MACROS
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 02:17:30 pm by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
peter@bestaudio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 01:43:58 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.