ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Help Quick  (Read 5502 times)

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
Re: Please Help Quick
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2005, 01:29:03 PM »

Kevin Stow wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 10:09

With this basic info it would be possible to model the building
on E.A.S.E. and give you a clue on what you might need before you make a purchase.

EASE isn't cheap, and it's not all that useful in the hands of an untrained user.  The measurements and calculations are best left to a trained consultant, which is the step the Powers-That-Be in Blanton's church are unwilling to take.

Hence, my concern that he is being set up to fail.

-a
"Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."
"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2005, 04:27:01 PM »

Andy Peters wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 13:29

Kevin Stow wrote on Sat, 12 November 2005 10:09

With this basic info it would be possible to model the building
on E.A.S.E. and give you a clue on what you might need before you make a purchase.

EASE isn't cheap, and it's not all that useful in the hands of an untrained user.  The measurements and calculations are best left to a trained consultant, which is the step the Powers-That-Be in Blanton's church are unwilling to take.

Hence, my concern that he is being set up to fail.

-a

Agreed-we typicaly charge $150/hr for EASE modeling.  The final cost depends on how much information (therefore the detail fo the model) they want.  If all you are interested in is direct coverage of a space, that is fairly quick and easy.  But it doesn't give much information as to how well a particular speaker willbehave in a room, just the direct coverage.

And even when you have the EASE mounting/coverage information, there are other things that have to be done right to ensure success.  These include actually mounting the loudspeaker where the model shows and mounting with the angles specified.  Then the system alignment has to be done properly-espically when they are employing delay speakers.  Another area in which there can be easy failure.  

If cheap and guessing are what they are interested in-then they get what they deserve.  I wonder about the other parts of the building-did they just guess at the HVAC-electrical-foundation etc?  I bet not.  But yet they are not willing to spend money on the single biggest issue which will affect how the word of God is delivered.  Nobody is going to get saved by how well other parts of the building  are done, but they may be saved if they can hear properly, but not if they are in a bad coverage area.
Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.

JIMGUNDLACH

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 08:59:15 PM »

You realy need professional help.  If you insist on a best guess right now ---

I don't know the Yorkvilles.  You probably need 40V by 90H.  Your "B" drawing is probably best.  Get the speakers as high as you can.  You MUST delay the feed to the rear speakers.  Use 12AWG wire for the speakers, solid/stranded/twisted/THHN - doesn't matter. Home run EACH speaker to the amp rack.  Make SURE whoever rigs the loudspeakers is licensed and good.  Make SURE the loudspeaker is rated to be hung.  Make SURE an engineer stamps the rigging drawing.  Good sound is one thing, killing people is another.  Do NOT build custom rigging for a non-fly loudspeaker.

I like the cluster and delay loudspeakers concept.  Your ceiling is so low that a long throw horn from the cluster position is asking for nasty reflections off the rear wall.  You could use a high "Q" device in front but it would be very large and very costly.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 08:59:15 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.