ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: minimize noise at 80m from source  (Read 14378 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: minimize noise at 80m from source
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 02:50:51 PM »

white noise directed toward the hotel
 would help, depending the level needed and on whether they prefer it over music.
probably would get "air noise" complaints..............oh well

Don't be silly.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Len Zenith Jr

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 04:17:13 PM »

There is always di-pole speakers (driver mounted on an open baffle) which will have a null along the plane of the baffle. Inefficient but excellent at cancellations along the plane.

Another option would be get the sound source as close to the audience as possible, as in right on the table:

https://www.cinemarsolutions.com/sportsbar.sportsselect.php
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-soundlink-color-bluetooth-speaker-blue/7902901.p?id=1219300342785&skuId=7902901

The bose devices actually sound pretty good for what they are.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 05:55:27 PM »

I'm with Dick on this one.
You need to talk to the hotel people and find out exactly what, and when, the problem is and try to come up with a suitable compromise.
Sometimes just showing you are willing to address the issue can go a long way to smoothing over the problem.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

GeorgesAOUN

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 03:47:58 AM »

Ok then,

Thank you all for your support,

Have a good day,

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 07:08:41 AM »

Pulsing, rhythmic sound such as music will be perceived as "loud" simply because the nature of the rhythm attracts the ear, EVEN AT AN AVERAGE SPL MUCH LESS THAN WHITE NOISE.

Not suggesting this as a solution, but when I was in a loud garage band practicing in a small town, we got all kinds of noise complaints until we ran a lawnmower in the backyard while we practiced. I also made a recording of a clothes dryer running and looped it on a 90 minute cassette tape played a boom box outside of the our kid's rooms when they were babies. That way they wouldn't wake up every time there were any noises in the house or a truck backfired in the street. Masking noise can be your friend.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2016, 09:10:37 AM »

Not suggesting this as a solution, but when I was in a loud garage band practicing in a small town, we got all kinds of noise complaints until we ran a lawnmower in the backyard while we practiced. I also made a recording of a clothes dryer running and looped it on a 90 minute cassette tape played a boom box outside of the our kid's rooms when they were babies. That way they wouldn't wake up every time there were any noises in the house or a truck backfired in the street. Masking noise can be your friend.

One way to emulate a "whiter", more diffuse sound would be speakers at the individual tables a la the diner booth juke boxes of the 1950's.  This would require no amps on stage and E-drums, though.

A more likely solution would be down-firing speakers on an overhead grid system, but still the no amps, E-drums policy.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2016, 09:10:37 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.