ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Void Acoustics AirMotion. Need advice for a cheaper sub to pair (SRX828sp owner)  (Read 17689 times)

Josh Evangelista

I've got about seven years experience with various iterations of the Air Motion and have six in inventory at present - we regularly use them with their own double 18" reflex box which is not going to be a million miles from the SRX you have. Presets will differ based on amp and DSP so really it would be best to pull something together with somebody who can do some transfer functions for you. And yes as Ivan has said the acoustic crossover when you're running the subs at a normal DJ event level is close enough that there is no massively noticeable hole.

What amps and processing are you planning to use with the Air Motion?

Also of note is that the dispersion is conical and closer to 60 degrees, so using the distance pole options and getting them up suitably high means they are very much point and shoot - and at the distances the crowd usually end up being we find that a pair covers quite a sizeable area. In fact this weekend just gone I had one Air Motion a side over 3 of the Stasys X v2 double 18" horn loaded subs for 700 people and it was nowhere near being pushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kyle. I plan to use Void amps which have built-in DSPs. The dealer will be able to provide the settings. I was looking to save by using Powersoft amps but theyre on the same price range so I guess Void amps will suit it best. So you ran one airmotion with 3 Stasys X on each side?

Kyle Marriott

Hi Kyle. I plan to use Void amps which have built-in DSPs. The dealer will be able to provide the settings. I was looking to save by using Powersoft amps but theyre on the same price range so I guess Void amps will suit it best. So you ran one airmotion with 3 Stasys X on each side?

The Void amps are OEM Powersoft K series, so you're all good there. And yes it's a good fit, they go very loud.

Josh Evangelista

The Void amps are OEM Powersoft K series, so you're all good there. And yes it's a good fit, they go very loud.

So will 3 SRX828sp on each side identical to this setup?

Kyle Marriott

Well it won't be identical, probably bit less SPL overall and not sure on stacking height as the JBL isn't so popular over here, but it should work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.

A quick google suggests pole is definitely an option:

Wow!  So that is what a "visually striking appearance for style-led environments" looks like?  Looks like a Warner Bros. cartoon to me!

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.