ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen and Heath GLD question  (Read 1642 times)

Stan Fordsen

Allen and Heath GLD question
« on: April 04, 2016, 04:12:29 PM »

I have a client who swears the I/O on this console is freely assignable, and that output buses can be patched to XLR inputs. Thus signal can come out of the female XLR's. What? I've seen weird stuff like this on consumer video camera's, but is there a grain of truth in what my client is saying? I've read the A&H manuals and there is no mention of this. I want to bounce this question off the forum before I put my foot down and tell my client, "No, can't be done."

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Re: Allen and Heath GLD question
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 04:46:03 PM »

I have a client who swears the I/O on this console is freely assignable, and that output buses can be patched to XLR inputs. Thus signal can come out of the female XLR's. What? I've seen weird stuff like this on consumer video camera's, but is there a grain of truth in what my client is saying? I've read the A&H manuals and there is no mention of this. I want to bounce this question off the forum before I put my foot down and tell my client, "No, can't be done."

Signal can not come out of a female xlr on the GLD.  By freely assignable, it can be configured just about any way the user desires.  You could send direct outs to any of the outputs if that's what you wanted.  Any input or output buss can be assigned to any fader.  The outputs and be just about whatever you could want them to be.  And preamp can be assigned to one or several DSP channels, as you see fit.  It's the most versatile of all the affordable consoles out there.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 05:23:30 PM »

What he said.

Signal cannot come out of input connectors on any desk.
Things are very flexible within sensible limits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 10:08:11 PM »

Inputs are inputs
Outputs are outputs

It is it
And
That is that!

This is all for now :/)
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 10:08:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.