ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Please!: Danley Sound Labs System Purchase  (Read 15419 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Help Please!: Danley Sound Labs System Purchase
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 01:15:05 PM »

Ivan, that's exactly how I have them.  I never take the bolted pairs apart. 
Easy to transport the pair on standard size mover's dolly, except dragging through grass...

The dolly fits perfectly in between Genie Supertower outriggers.

John R.
And if you need more output- you can do a quad SH46 with a single hang point
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jeffrey Knorr - JRKLabs.com

• JRKLabs.com
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 02:02:06 PM »

I operate a production company in Humboldt, CA. We setup EDM events and are about to invest in a Danley Rig. Events range from 8-24 hours nonstop with high SPL indoors and outdoors. I've already made contact with a dealer who gave me a quote. We're going to be getting:

x4 DHB218
x4 SH50T
x2 SM100M (DJ booth monitor)
x2 THmini ("     "     ")

The amplifiers that the dealer suggested were a single DNA20K4 for all 4 subs (2ohm@5000W), and two DNA10K4's to run the tops and booth monitors.

The DNA20K seems to be fine with running all 4 subs, same with the 10K running the monitors; but I'm concerned with the DNA10K and the SH50s. The SH50s operate at 1000Wcont.@4ohms but the 10K only puts out 1300W RMS.

300W doesn't seem like enough headroom for these beastly loudspeakers especially since we are going to be bumping the system for long periods of time. The dealer assured me that it will run the tops fine, but the DNA20K would be a way better fit at 2600W@4ohms correct?

Beyond that how does our system look? Eventually planning to add x4 more DBH218s when the capital is there.

Any personal input/tips are welcomed  :)

Hi Adam,

I second everything that Ivan said in his reply. I would definitely consider going SH46s/SH96HO per side for tops with SM80/TH118's for monitors. You can always turn it down, but you can't turn it up (past the limits--i.e. better to have too much than too little).  I also second the recommendation of using the DNA20k amps on everything. Dial in the limiters appropriately and you'll be good to go.  If you'd like another quote and/or more advice feel free to reach out to me directly.

Thank you,

Jeff

sbjacob

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 02:53:21 PM »

I operate a production company in Humboldt, CA. We setup EDM events and are about to invest in a Danley Rig. Events range from 8-24 hours nonstop with high SPL indoors and outdoors. I've already made contact with a dealer who gave me a quote. We're going to be getting:

x4 DHB218
x4 SH50T
x2 SM100M (DJ booth monitor)
x2 THmini ("     "     ")

The amplifiers that the dealer suggested were a single DNA20K4 for all 4 subs (2ohm@5000W), and two

DNA10K4's to run the tops and booth monitors.

The DNA20K seems to be fine with running all 4 subs, same with the 10K running the monitors; but I'm concerned with the DNA10K and the SH50s. The SH50s operate at 1000Wcont.@4ohms but the 10K only puts out 1300W RMS.

300W doesn't seem like enough headroom for these beastly loudspeakers especially since we are going to be bumping the system for long periods of time. The dealer assured me that it will run the tops fine, but the DNA20K would be a way better fit at 2600W@4ohms correct?

Beyond that how does our system look? Eventually planning to add x4 more DBH218s when the capital is there.

Any personal input/tips are welcomed  :)
DANLEY SM96, TH118'S , BS412 OS80 ,GH60

sbjacob

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 02:55:29 PM »

Reach out to these guys they have gigs all over the place so you can hear for yourself they partner with Danley .
https://www.facebook.com/PureGrooveSystems/?fref=nf
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:04:00 PM by Ara Ayrassian »
DANLEY SM96, TH118'S , BS412 OS80 ,GH60

Adamn Dumbster

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 03:16:26 PM »

Thanks for all your guy's input, much appreciated.

I'm starting to lean towards x2 SH96's (not the HO version) instead of 4 smaller cabinets. We were planning to do a split ground stack. One of my concerns from the start has been the height of x2 DBH218s stacked up and I have been brainstorming ways to get the tops up higher without dropping serious $ on crank stands/other flyware. I did come across this setup that we might mimic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRWITOQ2JsI

(if anyone has an idea of where they got the truss risers or how they built them please do tell)

I don't mind the size/weight of the SH96's because we'll have plenty of manpower and time to set up. The 2 box solution looks more promising to me because when we add x2 more subs for a total of x6 dbh218s, a pair of DNA20K4s will run the whole system. (If I'm correct with the power rating for the SH96 w/ 1400W@8ohms). Having 3 dual subs per side will give our desired height for the tops. And to be honest a SH96 on top of 3-4 DBH218s looks sexy as fudge  ;)

As some of you suggested since we're starting out with x4 subs x2 SH96s, we would have 2 additional channels on one of the DNA20K's that could power monitors. We will probably add 2 smaller subs for the DJ booth later on (as Ivan said there will be plenty of low end coming from the sides of the stage [our stagesize/overall gigs are pretty small, usually no more than 500 people]). I'm actually considering low balling on the DJ monitors considering how many twats there are these days cranking the shiz out of them. Especially since most DJs don't care about fidelity a pair of QSC K12s should do the trick haha!

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:28:18 PM by Adam Mester »

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 03:21:54 PM »

Hey, that looks familiar....
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 04:15:26 PM »

Isn't that a 40º horizontal by 60º vertical? So wouldn't that array give you 120º vertical if splayed properly?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 04:27:42 PM »

Isn't that a 40º horizontal by 60º vertical? So wouldn't that array give you 120º vertical if splayed properly?
The SH46s are tight packed-so it is 80* wide and 60* tall.

This was done for shear output and to be "over the top".

For a lot of the gigs this company does, they just use 2 per side.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 04:45:34 PM »

The SH46s are tight packed-so it is 80* wide and 60* tall.

This was done for shear output and to be "over the top".

For a lot of the gigs this company does, they just use 2 per side.

With what appears to be 4x BC415, I would say it's very much 'over the top'!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »

With what appears to be 4x BC415, I would say it's very much 'over the top'!
The 4 BC415s are in a directional configuration to keep the energy towards the ocean.

Danley 12K amps power it all. 8 for the whole main system. 4 subs (1 each) and the SH46s are biamped.

This is for a EDM show on South beach in Miami.

"Excess" is what it is all about.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.