ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: dbx venue 360 with active speakers  (Read 7965 times)

Javier Borja

Re: dbx venue 360 with active speakers
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 07:57:19 PM »

Two things.

1. Unless there is a setting on the speaker that says crossover, external subs, or low end cut, there is no crossover in place and the speaker will run full range. This means that the speaker will operate all the way down to the specified 55hz stated in the specs.

2. Many subs have the crossover built in for the sub itself, but this is only true for self powered subs. If the sub is not self powered then you HAVE to use a crossover and will HAVE to cross the mains / tops over as well.

I don't think you are running this system with the subs on an aux, so my answer stands........ Go into the dbx driverack and use the processing in there to crossover the tops and subs correctly. The tops being self powered should have some sort of array settings? Beyond that you can take the advise of whomever you'd like, but I wouldn't lie to you.

Let me ask you this? Does it not seem odd to run only the left or right signal to the dbx to use as a crossover for the subs? I mean wouldn't you want both the left and right signals to sum together to use for mono subs? The way you have it now only one side is sending the sub content. The way I and other will propose, will allow full control to do whatever you like.

OK, I see what you're saying. Could you give me a breakdown on the frequencies? I don't seem to understand why they can go all the way down to 55hz. I thought that was sub land.

There isn't anything on there to specify what you said about crossover, sub or low end cut. I don't know how they are supposed to run if they need an external crossover.

Kevin Brown

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 11:28:55 AM »

How is the remote interface?  I hear you can run it from your ipad or android device.  It would be nice to be able to adjust the processor from the middle of the dance floor.

Kevin Brown

David Allred

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »

How is the remote interface?  I hear you can run it from your ipad or android device.  It would be nice to be able to adjust the processor from the middle of the dance floor.

Kevin Brown

You must have a wireless router to operate wirelessly.

David Allred

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »

OK, I see what you're saying. Could you give me a breakdown on the frequencies? I don't seem to understand why they can go all the way down to 55hz. I thought that was sub land.

There isn't anything on there to specify what you said about crossover, sub or low end cut. I don't know how they are supposed to run if they need an external crossover.

They will play (spec'd) down to 55hz without subs.  You do have subs, so they should be x'd-over at say 100hz LR24.  The subs somewhere around 40 or 45hz.
(subs 45hz BW18 - 100hz LR24)
(tops 100hz LR24 - 18Khz-ish)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.